• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

expensive dog toys!!! who needs them!

angie

forget balls and ropes and rubber ringes etc....jadan just goes crazy for his empty drinks bottle. it was by accident actually when i went to throw my kids coke bottle into the recycling box and it missed. (small one, not the litre ones. though he will try!) its his favourite toy and so we only take it out on walks as its a sure way of getting his attention, we put a stick inside to add weight so it travels further and boy does he go. He has even taught himself to bring it back he loves it soooo much. You have to replace them quite often as he chews it too, but we always have bottles of water about anyway so plenty of new toys for jadan. icon_whistling :D :p :shock: :lol: ;)

:lol: Jadan has his plastic bottles and Riley has her stinky socks! :lol:
It doesn't take much to keep these cavvie pups happy!! ;)
PS he's a doll!

lol @ the water bottle thing. I went to PetSmart one day and bought Kosmo 2 $10 toys.. we came home and everything was fine until an empty water bottle fell on the floor.. he seemed to totally forget about his new expensive toys and take the worthless water bottle (and play for HOURS!) What's with that? lol ;) Too bad they make such a racket, lol. . . Jadan is sure a heart breaker! :)

Empty water bottles or 2 liter bottles are Sadie's favorite toys. She especially loves it when I cut small holes in the bottle and put several treats inside.
Last christmas I found a dog toy at Petsmart that had a bottle inside it. She loved it, she played with it until she ripped it and took the bottle out. I wish they had made it so you could replace the bottle.

I always bring a ball and rope toy to the park for playing with the dogs but today Gavin stumbled upon an empty coca-cola bottle and had the time of his life playing with it :lol:

no way! i thought my dogs were crazy when they started obsessing ova plastic bottles! they love to play with them and chase them when they roll, and try with all their mite 2 get their small mouths around the bottle.. so funny to watch !

I've never tried mine with plastic bottles but where we stayed last week, the lady had a little dog who adored them. He had a boxful of toys but preferred his bottle LOL

My dogs free toy are the paper towel and toilet paper rolls. Once the family has used up the paper on the roll, we toss the roll on the floor and they have great fun with it. Only problem is, I have to go back through the house and pickup all the chewed up pieces of cardboard from the ruined roll. They don't eat it, they just tear it up.

yep those loo rols are favourite of jays too. now what you mean about the chewed up bits too :p :p :p

Quincy loves the plastic bottles and the toilet paper rolls too. Sometimes picking up cardboard bits is worth the time that you know what they are doing. :D
Quincy lost her plastic bottle under a armoire the other day. She was yapping at it for a time. I thought to myself, Well there goes that toy, but to my amazement, she crawled under the armoire and got the bottle :yikes There is hardly enough room for her head but she sheemied (is that a word?) under there and was so proud of herself to get it out. It was no time and she had lost it again. But she knew the routine and quickly retrieved it.
What small joys they bring to your life.

Marsha

Clever girly Quincy :flwr:

Yup, my two love toilet roll middles too - in fact, they love toilet rolls full stop! I am forever finding shredded tissues around my lounge too - they help themselves from the box on the bookcase :lol:

Back