• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cailean's In Hospital

misty

Prayers and positive thoughts please :( :(

My baby took ill this afternoon, after we had been to visit a friend and their doggies.

On the way back he became very breathless and wheezing/coughing. We got him out of the car and he just lay on the ground and couldn't get up. His tongue had gone grey.

We got the number of an emergency vets and took him straight there. The vet gave him oxygen and a respiratory injection. His heart rate is about 200 beats per minute :(.

We were about 50 miles from home, over an hour's drive. As he was so agitated, the vet thought it best to keep him in hospital under sedation.

We thought this was also the best option, as our own vets don't work weekends anyway, so if there'd be a problem on the way back or this evening, he'd have a long journey into Newcastle to the emergency vet. I didn't want to risk this, as Declan died on the way to the emergency vet.

He is very very ill. I can barely type because I can't see through the tears. I don't know how I'll cope if he doesn't make it and I'm not there, but I do think we're giving him the very best chance.

Need some hugs, guys.

aw im so sorry to hear ur little 1 is sick... hugs all round from leah bailey and holly :flwr: xxx

I'm so sorry to hear that Cailean is having these troubles and also that you are going through this. I know how heavy a burden this must be, with you having gone through an illness and death so recently. I truly hope they can stabilise him and get him on to a treatment regime that will give him much more time with you. How difficult for you that this is all happening away from home -- I think you have taken the right decision but it must add an extra level of strain for you. My thoughts and good wishes are with you and Cailean. :hug:

Tbh, I've lost any sense of logic.

My head knows he's in the right place. My heart is aching for him to be here with me.

Oh Fran I am so sorry. I have only just found your text :(

Thinking of you all and hoping and sending positive thoughts for Cailean.

Maxx and Charlie send licky get well kisses for Kaylun as well xxxxx

Poor darling Cailean, he is in the best place Fran. It's you who I am worrying about too. You just don't need or deserve this now. Neither does Cailean & especially as he's just gotten a new friend too :(

Big hugs to you all xxxxx

Vet just phoned.

He's calmed down a lot and is resting. She took him outside for a wee and he got himself all over-excited again. He's now settled back down and vet says he's better than earlier. Now got to wait til they ring again tomorrow.

Thanks for everyone thinking of him.

Donna - I'm in bits. I'm useless without my baby. :(

Fran, good news that he is a bit better. Praying for his recovery and sending you big warm hugs!

We're thinking of you and Cailean, I'm glad to hear he's doing a bit better. :flwr: Try to stay positive and strong for him. :hug:

Fran, we're sending all of our positive wishes and hopes and prayers for Cailean's comfort and healing. And we're thinking of you and your family during this difficult time and hoping you'll get a good rest tonight knowing he is in good hands.

Oh {{{{{{{Fran}}}}}}}} I can imagine the state you must be in :( I'd be the same :(

You've got my number if you want to chat. Anytime!!!! Otherwise I will call you tomorrow. Sending little Cailean lots of positive and healing thoughts and hoping he has a quiet night xxxxxxxxx

Fran, I PM'd you, take care and hang in there, you have my number, lets keep positve, try and get some sleep tonight...I know it's hard...let us know any news A.S.A.P.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Oh Fran...my heart is so sad with this news. Hope tomorrow is a brighter and better day for Cailean. Hugs to you both.

Hang in there Fran. I know you are just sick over this and I'm so sorry you are going through this away from your home. You and your sweet baby are in our thoughts.

Get better quickly Cailean! Sending you an angel! *ng*l

Fran you and your family and darling Cailean are in our thoughts and prayers...was hoping for some news, hope he is better?

Cailean's feeling much better and is home with us :D :D

We've just got back from the vets. He isn't on any extra medication, but we need to try and keep him calm! Cailean's a nutter, so that's almost impossible.

I think all but the shortest walkies are out now, and I'll take him to our vets on Tuesday after the Bank Holiday.

He seems ok at the moment - we're just so grateful he appears to be over this scare.

Thanks so much to everyone for thinking of us, and for your messages of support.

Fran x

Yay! glad to hear that good news this am. Hope you can keep things quiet for Cailean.

Back