• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Prayers Please

misty said:
Cailean's now been home a few hours and is fast asleep on the living room floor in front of me....Hopefully he'll be able to settle back down ok. Will see what the vet says on Tuesday. Maybe it's time for stronger meds again.

welcome home caliean :flwr:
did they put him on medication?
take good care,
i'm sure being home lifts cailean's spirit
xo

judy said:
misty said:
Cailean's now been home a few hours and is fast asleep on the living room floor in front of me....Hopefully he'll be able to settle back down ok. Will see what the vet says on Tuesday. Maybe it's time for stronger meds again.

welcome home caliean :flwr:
did they put him on medication?
take good care,
i'm sure being home lifts cailean's spirit
xo

He's already on frusemide and vetmedin. I wonder if they'll increase these or maybe add another drug into the equation next week.

misty said:
He's already on frusemide and vetmedin. I wonder if they'll increase these or maybe add another drug into the equation next week.

yes, i was kind of surprised that they didn't make any changes. i wonder what they did to help him and get him stabilized.

judy said:
misty said:

yes, i was kind of surprised that they didn't make any changes. i wonder what they did to help him and get him stabilized.

Well, firstly they gave him oxygen. Then he had an injection to help his breathing.

After we left, she sedated him, to give his heart a chance to get back to normal.

The problem is when he gets over-excited :(. He IS a very lively dog! He is burning his candle at both ends.... just like his dad, Declan, did.

Painful as it is, I would rather have a lively, happy dog for less time than a quiet, depressed dog for longer.

I will talk to the vet tomorrow to see if there's any first aid we can give him if he gets into a state like that again. Thank God we got him to the vets quickly!

misty said:
...The problem is when he gets over-excited :(. He IS a very lively dog! He is burning his candle at both ends.... just like his dad, Declan, did.

Painful as it is, I would rather have a lively, happy dog for less time than a quiet, depressed dog for longer.

Amen to that.

Oh Fran, just seen this as not able to check throughout the weekend, I hope he is okay now, just sending lots of good thought and kisses from my guys.
:?

Oh Fran, I am so sorry to hear how sick Cailen has been. I hope and pray that he is on the mend and that the vet will be able to give him something to help him be more comfortable. Just know that we are all here for you.
:flwr: Julie and the girls

Our loving thoughts go to you at this time of need. And I hope your boy is as peaceful and comfortable as he can be.
From Selina, Jeremy, and the golden girls

I just saw this post ...Many prayers and hugs from our family. :lotsaluv: :xfngr: :l*v:

Please keep us updated on your baby.

Thanks everyone :).

Cailean's quite bright, a little quieter than usual, but his intense coughing has subsided with the introduction of the Corventyl.

He's not the sharpest tool in the box and has been even more oblivious to the world around him - he is just too involved and busy being Cailean to bother with anything else :lol:

Making the most of the good times tbh. It's just sad that it's the end of any 'excitement' for him, although he doesn't mind - he is the happiest lad I've ever met. We can't even take him out in the car .... he just gets way too excited !

I have been on holiday so have not been around and am so gald that Callean is a bit better I went on to the M V D site and wonder if it was you lost of love to Callean and take care Aileen

Back