• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A Lifetime of Cavs

himindoors

got my dad to dig out pics of the cavs we had growing up

Image6.jpg

Digby on the left and Benji on the right of the screen. You can just about make out how well built Digby was. This was because he was paralysed from about half way down his back after a GS attacked him

DigbyBenji.jpg

unfortunately he never made it through one of the operations on his back so next up was.....Digby! (we were young)

BenjiDigby2.jpg

Digby the second got out one day and got hit by a car. We decided to retire the name after that.

next up two refined old gents - Benji and Biggles

BenjiBiggles.jpg

and finally - honest - my favourite. My wee bro and Benji. This pic must be at least 25 years old. I can't believe how well they've scanned.

GerardandBenji.jpg

Thanks so much for sharing those wonderful pics and stories. Sure warms my heart to see those little boys and their well loved pups. Bet there are some wonderful memories in those pics.

Lovely photos! Thanks for posting these, they are priceless! I really like the one of your little brother and the pup. :wggle:

What lovely, special memories you must have of your childhood with these precious dogs by your side.

I always wanted a dog when a child but my parents kept on saying "no" :( .... I waited until I was married with my own family in my 30's and now couldn't be without one, two, three......!

They make my happiness complete. :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Awww what precious pics. Thanks for sharing - does your brother know you've posted his childhood pic on here???? :yikes

I'm like Alison, my Mum had poodles though and they were her dogs. I was desperate for my own dog & now I have two - hubby let's me indulge myself with them as he knows how much i love them :lol:

Saying that, he indulges them just as much and even though he says no to another, if someone dumped one on the doorstep I know he'd have it in a shot!!!!

thanks - we've always had dogs. My dad believes it's important for kids to grow up understanding how to look after them.

When I was a baby we had a beagle. We got Benji when I was about 6 and it was cavs all the way since. Bit of a gap when I moved to Dublin but I eventually wore Joanna down and it's 4 cavs between myself and my brother now (and no - he doesn't know I've posted that!) icon_whistling and 6 dogs in total if you include my sisters two. It's bedlam when we all visit!

:lol: I would love it if all of my siblings had cavaliers! Perhaps we'd see more of each other! :lol:
It's nice that your father felt that way about dogs and kids. :)

Back