Thread: Riley's New Little Brother

Post Thanks / Like

Default Riley's New Little Brother

We have a new Ruby arrival. . . a little boy named Fletcher. He is a little angel and we just adore him, and so does his big sis!!! It only took one day for them to become best buds!!! Here are some pics we took just one day after he arrived!

Heather, Fletcher (Ruby Male) & Riley (stinky sock lover) (Blenheim Female)
    http://www.heatherhink.com/pets.asp

Post Thanks / Like

OH MY GOSH they are SOOO cute together!!! ADORABLE! Welcome home, Fletcher!
    Jenni, Scott, Corgan (blenheim), Celti (Corgi-mix), and Luna (kitty)

Post Thanks / Like

That first picture of them both curled up together is so precious. They sure like each other.
    Charleen and Cav's: Pippin (ruby male), Merry (b&t female), Luke (blenheim male) & Jolly (tri male puppy)

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so happy for you, they are getting along wonderfully.
    My Dudley took forever to accept Darby, that is just amazing.

He is so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
    Give him a big hug and kiss from us, how old is he??????????????

Post Thanks / Like

He was 3 months yesterday and Riley will be 11 months on the 8th. Riley had a little trouble the first day, but the next day she realized that he would actually play with her and that was all it took! We also have an older dog and older cat and all they want to do is sleep, so having a playmate has been wonderful for us all!!! Everyone sleeps through the night, even the baby!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Look at those smiles! How perfect!!
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don't know whether you've seem my dilema post........................ if you have I hope Merlin will bond as quick as yours!
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

I did see it and everyone had some really great advice! The pups are getting along really well so far (1 week down). Riley does get a little defensive if Fletcher has one of her special bones so we are working on that behavior and she is doing well.

She has a few spurts of jelousy here and there and doesn't want the little guy loving on me, but that will get better in time. We make sure to spend lots of time with both dogs separately.

I purchased something similar to the x-pen from the petsmart website. It is a puppy playpen and has 6 large plastic sides that you can arrange in different configurations. It has been WONDERFUL so far!!! When I am trying to clean, or get ready in the morning and can't keep an eye on them, I put the pups in with a bunch of toys and they have plenty of room to play. We leave it up all the time and they actually will go in on their own to lay down or play with a toy.

We definitely have our hands full, but it is so worth it for Riley to have a playmate close to her age. I think most dogs are much happier in pairs. Hopefully, it wont take Merlin long to love the new one. Riley was angry with me for about a day and fortunately got over it quickly and now they are best buds! They are inseperable!

Post Thanks / Like

I love those pictures! The two of them together like that is adorable, the way they play!
    ~Renee, Bailey & Maddie, and RIP my beloved Bentley.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Riley is enjoying being a big sis I love the last two pics, so adorable