• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Toby Alexander, 10/8/1990 - 8/1/2006

Toby

Margaret,

I'm very sorry for your loss, I can only imagine the emptyness. But I am also struck by the thought of what a wonderful life Toby had with you and your family. An amazing Rescue Story.

Status Report...but that sounds so clinical

To all who have responded to my original post, thank you again. It's almost four months since Toby died and I still have my moments of missing him terribly. His ashes are in our bedroom next to one of my favorite photos of him and I say goodnight every single night. Having a new puppy has been great therapy. We often find ourselves comparing Sasha to Toby since Sasha shows Toby's great ability to get into mischief. In case any of you are interested I made a website as a tribute to him shortly after he died. You can see it at:
http://web.mac.com/margaretalexander/iWeb/Toby/Tribute.html

The main tribute is a longer version of what I had posted here. There are also some photos and a note I wrote about my personal observations on end of life issues for dogs.

Anyway, thanks again for all of your kind words. They really helped.

Margaret

Oh my god, sitting here crying again, you were bless as was Toby, give him a good night kiss for me - I am glad you have him home with you again, if not in body....

Oh wow, that was such an incredibly beautiful tribute. To think that you got him at 8 years old expecting to give him a "couple" of good years...and 7 years later! That is simply amazing. What an incredible little fellow. Your story of his first time in the stroller was so sweet. I could just see him RUN. Blessed little boy. I am a buddy to someone at HUA and you have just reinforced by decision to remain a buddy.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write out Toby's story and share it with is. He wil remain in our hearts forever. What a lovely lovely boy.

What a lovely fella....your Toby.

We went through the same thing just ahead of you....it's our first Christmas without Charley.

We'll miss his "groan" from under the table...he always waited for the turkey to be dropped!!

Hopefully, soon you'll reach the point of remembering the funny bits and some of the pain with decrease.

Best Wishes.

i enjoyed the tribute website, and the photos in particular made me smile a lot. While in the very last photos, he appeared to be transitioning away from this world, in his photos of a year ago, such as his 15th birthday, he looks so puppy-like still. what a special boy with such a youthful spirit to carry him so far. To Toby, wherever he plays...

Back