Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help - I have a dilema!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Help - I have a dilema!

Finally got him indoors to agree to another dog, so emailed the breeder of Merlin yesterday to start the ball rolling.

I was hoping that she would be breeding similar lines and would be expecting have a litter ready Feb next year (when Merlin is 2).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

but

SHE HAS A LITTER NOW! 3 weeks old on Friday and she has 3 rubies left which is what I want.

I have no hols left this year and want to be at home for at least a week with a little one ( work have said I can take some of next years entitlement - so thats no problem)

Do you think Merlin is too young still for a new addition at nearly 19 months old?

Am I panicking over nothing?
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

I dont think he is too young to have a playmate especially if you work all day. It would give him a friend for life. But maybe you need to decide if you are ready for another pup yet. Sometimes if you are panicking it means that you may need to wait a little longer. You dont want to make the wrong choice, even though you really can't with a cavy. The reason I say this is because my heart has been broken many a time by choosing the wrong dog, and would hate for anyone else to go through what I have.
    Of course that was with different breeds of dog though.

from Selina, Jeremy and the golden girls

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The litter is the same mum as Merlin's litter and the Dad is from the same breeder as Merlins dad - so I don't think this would be a problem.

I think I'm probably just apprehensive/excited - its sooner thaan I had planned.

Have emailed the breeder for more info before I make any calls to go and visit so I'm not being too hasty just yet!
    Kirsty

Post Thanks / Like

I think he will be a great age to have a playmate - but my only worry is that you will only be there a week with him and he will be so young - is your husband able to have a week off for the second week - or can someone pop in during the day?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Its fine for the week after - Merlin goes to his grandma's everyday when we are work so I'm sure she won't mind aother bundle of fun! - she used to pop over at lunchtime when Merl was a baby to give him his lunch and play for a while.

I've just sent her some pictures to get her hooked already!
    Kirsty

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Kirsty

I definetely don't thnk Merlin is to young, I would go for it.
    At what age does your breeder let them go, and bring on some pictures so we can all get hooked too.

I would of introduced another one sooner, if my ruby had been born sooner. I had to wait as Darby's mommy was not quite 2/12 when I was ready. It sure was worth the wait, I love the solid colours personalities.
    They seem spunkier or maybe Dudley is just a total lap dog.

Although he now plays throughout the day and it is such a lovely feeling to watch them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I really want them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kirsty

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Kirsty

They are adorable, any wonder why you want them all.
    Little tubbies, which the exception of the one on the left that one appears to look smaller.

Are they male/female ?????

Post Thanks / Like

I would go for it then...... they look so small and delicate lying there and then when you get them home they change into little demons.....

Post Thanks / Like

Hiiii

I would really go for it... only one recommendation i would talk to the Grandma seriously before because it is different to have two bundles of JOY.....

My mom has been taking Kayla from when she was 6 months everyday when i am at work... recently mom wanted to have one of her own so now there are two in the house. and it can be very hectic !!! they play all the time running up and down the house... so just one word of advice hope she knows what she is in for i wish you all the luck... i would want that cute little one on the left.

Jenxx