• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Help - I have a dilema!

Thanks for all your advice and encouragement. I have spoken to Grandma and she is fine, Grandads a bit apprehensive as he hasn't figured out how he is going to take 3 dogs for a walk (as they have 13 yr old lab of their own)- I've promised to buy him a coupler so he only has the one lead. The members of training class where I went last night have agreed with all your advice that Merlin is a good age to have a new bruv!

I have found out who the Dad is and he is a very handsome Ruby boy and his mum is gorgeous anyway - we knew that already.

Unfortunatley, the better half is away until next sunday so we can't visit until the week after - by then he should be a bit bigger and should have a bit of a personality so will be able to confirm our hopes.

Here he is

230869891_c50ae7be7d.jpg

Oh my goodness how sweet- Im so excited for you :jump:

Il have my fingers and toes crossed for you :w**h**: :xfngr:

Hi Merlinsmum, ooh I hope you go for it, I was in a similar situation and I did, and I have to say I haven't looked back since and Im so happy I did :D

I don't think I'd be able to resist that sweet little boy!! Amanda - love your avatar picture. That is so sweet!!

I thought of a name....................Tarka - like the otter as they do look like otters when they are wet in the bath

Merlin and Tarka?

what do you think?

Oh boy is Merlin going to love having a buddy. The puppy is just sooo sweet and I love the name Tarka. What fun you are going to have.

Good Luck with your new pup. Which one do you like? I am partial to the runts myself. I have had many runts of various breeds and they have all turned out fine. I like them because they are more fiesty in temperament. Probably because they have had to fight for their food against the bigger ones. I find they ahve ore attitude and character than the bigger ones. I generally kept the runt out of the griffons because showing wise they always have a great spark about them.
From Selina, Jeremy and the golden girls

Here's the little one - 4 weeks old today (apparantly the reason why they look so big is that the breeder has took really close up pics!)
237702165_76f593934e.jpg

Congratulations MerlinsMom on your new puppy. Is it a done deal or do you have to wait until your hubby comes home before the decision is final?

I think Merlin will soon look like Amanda's avator, once Tarka comes home to stay. Well done!

Decision is made - only the other falf doesn't know it yet!!!! No, I'm 99% there just want to meet him first then it will be 100% Roll on next weekend!!!!

I was thinking about getting another cav when gus turned 2 and 1/2. I had just convinced hubby and rang the breeder where I got gus to see if she may have pups in a few months,I was looking for a tri. She said she would not have anymore as she was stepping back from breeding for health reasons, she wasn't too well and was not able to look after the dogs as it is hard work.

She told me she had a litter 7 weeks old and one was a lovely tri with a beautiful face and I could have first refusal as I had gotton gus from her. It was a bit sudden like your situation but we went for it and I am so glad we did.

We took gus with us to collect him and he seemed very suprised that when we headed home we took this stranger with us.

Gus was also nervous of this young scamp for a few days but soon got used to him and now they are the best of friends. I wish you and Merlin all the best with this new little guy.

Only a few more hours left until I meet my new baby - the other half has tried to put the " now don't get your hopes up - what if he's not what you want" - I've sent him out to go play poker with his mates to get his negative attitude out.

Men! they have no idea ( apologies to those male cavalier owners out there- I just need to train mine a bit more!!)

How funny that you're also getting a ruby to go with a B/T! I saw my little girl today, and she is so adorable. The breeder was surprised because she was being very snuggly and licky and affectionate, and he says that rubies can sometimes be aloof, and he'd never seen her that kissy before. Maybe she just liked me! :lol: I think he had a point; a friend of my mum's has a ruby bitch who is a dog rather than people lover. She's also very flighty, and that's the other thing I was warned about- apparently rubies can take off if they're let of the lead, and again, that's what I've seen in Sam (ruby bitch referred to above).

Thanks for the post Lisa - I have never been in awe of bitches as they tend to be aloof which is why I have stuck with boys - so hopefully I'll be alright. Marlin (B&t) is so well behaved and loves his mum soooooo much hopefully the ruby will follow his big brothers footsteps.

We have 2 girl chinchillas so we have to even up the demographics anyway with a boy!

You would have adored the little B/T boy who came along with the ruby for the ride. He's her litterbrother, but he has a hernia (it will be solved when he's neutered) so can't be homed for some months yet. He was a real little snuggler. Funny thing was, Holly was more interested in him than the little ruby girl. The little ruby girl liked staying on my lap, and Holly pretty much ignored her. Little B/T on the other hand, followed Holly around the room and on several occassions sat down in front of her and just stared at her. Funny thing was she stood and stared back! :lol: :lol: It looked like Little and Little Larger having a staring match..

Back