Thread: Hi Everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi Everyone

I jointed the site last month but haven't got round to introducing myself yet. I've been to busy reading all the comments form this site. Its excellent and helped my alot. My name is kerry and I collected my little bundle (Bailey)back in April, He was nine weeks old. I haven't quite worked out how to put a picture on yet but I will do........He's a very good boy, house trained, eats well, jumps over all my furniture .. my only problem with him is walking him on a lead, he pulls like mad. I got him a puppia harness cause the sound of his breathing frightned me and thought he wouldn't pull as much but he still does.... I'm hoping he will calm down as he gets older ..... He's just to excited.....

Anyway love the site and looking forward to sharing and getting lots of advice from everyone.

Kerry & Bailey (tri)
    Kerry & Bailey

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome!!! I can't wait to see pictures !

I got my Kos a harness too becaues I didn't want him hurting himself when he runs back and forth on the leash.

When Kos was small he pulled as well and I took him to puppy training. (Thumbs up to that and highly recommended!)

The trainer told me to take Kos on a walk and if he pulled at all to completely STOP walking in my tracks. I did and it took me 45 minutes to walk around the block!! By the second day it took me 30 and the third it took me 20.. now he hardly ever pulls !! (: He got the message that if he did pull he'd get nowhere and the reward for him was getting to continue the walk. Take care of yourself and good luck with this issue!!

What color is your little lad?!

See ya!
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Kerry, welcome! Good job on starting right away with a puppia if you have a puller. I found training classes to be a big help as well as the harness. Again...welcome...glad to have you here!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and Welcome
    I am new here too.
    I have three Cavaliers, the first one really was much more Hyper than I dreamed a Cavalier could be. I kept reading they are great for Seniors, well they would have to be very active Seniors for my first girl.. lol
    She is 3 now and had a litter and she has finally calmed down
    All three of mine wear harness as opposed to collars, I have Yorkies and have found the harness is much more kind to the trachea.

Best of luck with your boy, hope to see his pics soon.
    Deana and The Gang
    www.prestigeousyorkieswv.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome.

I agree, the harness is a wonderful 'tool' to help stop pulling but training is also good too.

Good luck with it

Post Thanks / Like

You are absolutely right, there is nothing that compares to training your dog NOT to pull.

Deana and the gang

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean about a dog pulling my dog can pull like a train any way welcome to the site Aileen

Post Thanks / Like

What a great username you have ,,, baileyboy, so cute ......

Enjoy this board and welcome

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there! I am new here also, the picture on your avatar is so precious! What a sweet puppy you have!
    ~Renee, Bailey & Maddie, and RIP my beloved Bentley.