• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hi Everyone

Baileyboy

I jointed the site last month but haven't got round to introducing myself yet. I've been to busy reading all the comments form this site. Its excellent and helped my alot. My name is kerry and I collected :drivecar: my little bundle (Bailey)back in April, He was nine weeks old. I haven't quite worked out how to put a picture on yet but I will do........He's a very good boy, house trained, eats well, jumps over all my furniture :oops: .. my only problem with him is walking him on a lead, he pulls :sl*p: like mad. I got him a puppia harness cause the sound of his breathing frightned me and thought he wouldn't pull as much but he still does.... I'm hoping he will calm down as he gets older :sl*p: ..... He's just to excited.....

Anyway love the site and looking forward to sharing and getting lots of advice from everyone.

Kerry & Bailey (tri)

Hello and welcome!!! :) icon_welcome I can't wait to see pictures ! :)

I got my Kos a harness too becaues I didn't want him hurting himself when he runs back and forth on the leash.

When Kos was small he pulled as well and I took him to puppy training. (Thumbs up to that and highly recommended!)

The trainer told me to take Kos on a walk and if he pulled at all to completely STOP walking in my tracks. I did and it took me 45 minutes to walk around the block!! By the second day it took me 30 and the third it took me 20.. now he hardly ever pulls !! :) He got the message that if he did pull he'd get nowhere and the reward for him was getting to continue the walk. Take care of yourself and good luck with this issue!! :)

What color is your little lad?! :)

See ya! :)

Hi Kerry, welcome! Good job on starting right away with a puppia if you have a puller. I found training classes to be a big help as well as the harness. Again...welcome...glad to have you here!

Hi and Welcome
I am new here too.
I have three Cavaliers, the first one really was much more Hyper than I dreamed a Cavalier could be. I kept reading they are great for Seniors, well they would have to be very active Seniors for my first girl.. lol
She is 3 now and had a litter and she has finally calmed down :D
All three of mine wear harness as opposed to collars, I have Yorkies and have found the harness is much more kind to the trachea.

Best of luck with your boy, hope to see his pics soon.
Deana and The Gang
www.prestigeousyorkieswv.com

Hi and welcome.

I agree, the harness is a wonderful 'tool' to help stop pulling but training is also good too.

Good luck with it :)

icon_welcome :*nana: :mexwav: I know what you mean about a dog pulling my dog can pull like a train any way welcome to the site :lotsaluv: Aileen

Hi there! I am new here also, the picture on your avatar is so precious! What a sweet puppy you have!

Back