• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Abbys Food??

G

Gillian

Can anyone advise me is they think that I am feeding Abby too much . She is 4 months old and eats 1/3 of a cup three times a day. Which she gobbles and looks for more. She weighs 10.4lbs. She is a little bit pudgy but still has a little waist. I wouldnt say she is fat.
Any advice please.

if it was me, i would be cautious if my dog was a little bit pudgy. I would rather keep a dog from getting fat than have to put a dog on a weight loss diet after they become fat, and if a dog is on the borderline, then I'd want to at least maintain the status quo. I don't know how much exercise Abby gets but if she's a little pudgy now, I would not add more food to her routine. 1/3 cup 3X a day sounds like enough to adequately nourish a 10 lb. dog, especially if she doesn't live out in the country and run and chase rabbits all day. But if her body is growing rapidly, i mean, her bones and muscles, then she might need more food. You would know by looking at her if she needs more food because of getting too thin. but you said she's a little pudgy, so that doesn't sound like what's happening.

did you see this thread? see Bruce's 2 posts in particular.
http://cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3443

Thanks for your advice. Judy, I wasnt thinking of increasing but was worried about the amount. Do you think I should decrease?? Or feed the same for now since she is only four months old and growing. She doesnt get that much excersise although I take her for a walk every day.

That's a good question. If she was older, you'd cut back, but she's a growing child so....it seems less clear. i'm sure there are lots of people here who know more about this and have experience. I would think even a puppy should have its food adjusted related to its weight. On this one, i would probably want to have a vet's opinion, i mean, a vet who can see her.

By the way, is she getting as big as Kayla now? Got any recent photos? i bet you are really enjoying her. :flwr:

Abby is almost a big as Kayla already. I do have some recent photos. Gotta get my daughter to put them on the board.
Thanks again for advice.

:D :D :D

I am the daughter and i will get those pictures up soon!!!!!!

Pudgy he he he Yes she is a little pudgey,,,,, MY nicknames are ( piggy, little mooo cow :D) but she is gourgous she really is!!!!

she does not get much exercise compared to all you lot in Ireland and with big gardens... she gets a short walk during the day

:D i will up date with pics soon

OH By the way today mom weight Kayla and Abby and they are exactly the same :D (Kayla is a bit skinny at the moment, trying to get her in a routine of eating)

Back