• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lucky Pup In New Jersey

Lani

Like the DrBritcomMom, I'm also from New Jersey!! But my little ruby puppy, Lucky, is brand new to me. He just arrived on Thursday and although I know all dogs are sweet, for me Lucky is without a doubt the sweetest, most adorable and loving Cavalier puppy in the whole wide world. :) I'm just so happy he's my puppy!!!

Okay, bragging aside ... Lucky is just the quintessential puppy. He's everything I hoped for. And yes, we're having our challenges with housebreaking (he's about 11 weeks now), but he's so receptive to love and praise, I know he'll he get it in due time.

Lucky flew in on Thursday night from the breeder and we were happy to get to spend lots of time with him over this long (US) holiday weekend. When his flight arrived (about an hour late) he was just so happy to see me and come out to play!!!

233193481_5c6bd0e60b.jpg
[/list]

We took him outside to walk and sat him right down in a field of four leaf clovers. I'd already decided to name him Lucky since I just started a new job and I figured he'll be my little good luck charm. Well ... I swear I found 45 four (and five) leaf clovers in the patch. All within about a 2 foot radius. Even though I'd already decided his name was going to be "Lucky," that sure solidified the decision!!! :D Here's a picture of little Lucky with a few of his clovers

233113789_22b28a93e6.jpg

Well, I printed up a little wallet sized card with Lucky's picture for all my good friends and family and am giving them to people as I see them (and mailing the more distant friends & family) a laminated copy of Lucky's picture with one of Lucky's clovers on the back. :) That way, everyone will not only have good luck, but they'll also have a picture of my little Lucky to carry around with them.

So that is Lucky. As for me, my name is Lani (pronouced like Lonnie) and I have a twin sister who lives nearby in Manhattan (she's got a cute Pekinese/Chihuahua pup of her own and is Lucky's new aunt!). I am single and currently work from home for a marketing company managing programs for them. I love that I can work from home so will get to spend lots of time with Lucky ... this new job is part of why I felt I could finally get a dog. I also like to take art classes on weekends, although this fall I will probably take a break to spend more time with Lucky!!! If you are interested in finding out more about me, I also experimented with teaching myself web design and created a little website for myself a while ago .... it is about a year and half old, but really other than not having a dog at the time I created it, it is actually not tooooo outdated: www.lanikins.com

I'm looking forward to being a member of this site, sharing Lucky's puppyhood with you, hearing stories and seeing pictures of all your Cavaliers, and learning from your experience how I can be a great "mom" to Lucky and raise him to be an even greater dog than he is now as a puppy!

Hi there! I'm new on here too. Your puppy is so sweet! Aren't Cavaliers the best thing in the world, I got mine about a year ago (in October) and he is the love of my life, they are such gentle and sweet dogs!

Hi Renee! They sure are so sweet. I looked at your introduction too & just love the pictures of Bentley and Bailey!!

Hi Lani-

Lucky is adorable and I enjoyed reading about you. Sounds like Lucky has found a wonderful home and mommie! This forum is a wonderful place to learn. I'm a fairly new member and have just had my Cavi puppy for a couple of weeks. She's amazing and a complete Love!

Enjoy and I look forwarding seeing more pics!

:jump: icon_welcome Hi love the photos of Lucky Welcome to the site and enjoy your self :jmp: :mexwav: :lotsaluv: Aileen

Hi Lani!
I am a Jersey girl as well.
Just added a blenheim puppy girl to my home. My first, Teddy, is 3 years old.
I KNOW you are having FUN!
These doggies are the BEST! ;)

Nancy, Teddy and Katydid
NJ

hey there lani! lucky is adorable!!! luv her cute face!! defintely post lots of pictures of her we want more more more!! im sure your going to love this gorgeous cavalier!

Hi Lani,

Just loved your introduction....nice to know a little about each other, such a fab, friendly group enjoy yourself :flwr:

....and Lucky is so beautiful :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Hi Lani! I'm a major camera/picture-taking nut, so I am always taking pictures of the dogs....LOL! Looking forward to seeing more pics of you and Lucky too!

Back