• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Doggy programme on RTE tonight

brid kenny

TALES FROM AMERICA tonight is about the man who set up doggy magazine NEW YORK DOG. Looks like fun. 10 o'clock on RTE1. September 5th.

I saw some of this programme. I have to admit I thought the Doggy Yoga was just insane icon_whistling

However, I think it's great that the New Yorkers in general are so devoted to their dogs. They would put a lot of other cities and countries to shame.

Joanna

I really wanted to see this and instead had to file a story on Intel at that time as that's when the news on job cuts came in from the US. :x I am hoping someone taped it that I know!

I'm afraid Irish tv only. Really good. They have loads of parks in New york like playgrounds for children and everyone just lets their dogs off and chat with each other. They also showed the canine ritz which does a creche for doggies and luxury accommodation!!
You can suybscribe to magazine at www.thenydog.com

Hey - was this in any way connected to someone who was on the Late Late Show on Friday night?

I was in the pub and it was on some TV in the corner (no sound) but it was a guy with a little small dog in a pink outfit? It may have been this guy by the sounds of it as it did show owners with their dogs doing yoga - I love my dogs, but that was a little too out there for me!

Actually looked interesting but there was no way that was being put on over "Snow Patrol" which was playing at the time!

I live right near New York City ... Now I am going to have to look out for New York Dog Magazine. I've never read it before!!!

It is true though that New Yorkers really love their dogs & there are "dog runs" or "dog parks" in the US. There are a good number throughout Manhattan where you can let the dog loose to socialize with other dogs. The problem with them sometimes is that not all parks have these divided between small and larger dogs (some do.) If they are not divided, sometimes a little Cavalier (or even smaller Yorkie, etc.) could get terrorized by a huge Rottweiler (as an example ...). Of course, this may have to do more with the owners & their training of the big dogs rather than the size of the dogs themselves ...

Anyway, I will have to do some research on New York Dog magazine. :)

Back