• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The Furminator works great!

GudrunTheRed

I just bought a Furminator and I have to say I am very impressed. Chester has always been a bit fluffy lower down on his sides and around his back hips, and I've used different types of brushes and the rubber band on a comb to try and get rid of all the excess fluffy fur but none worked as well as I wanted them too. So today I broke down and shelled out the $35 for a small Furminator at PetSmart and it worked like a charm! Chester's coat is nice and thick but he has those fluffy spots that some neutered Cavs can get, but after about 20 minutes of combing with the Furminator he looks alot sleeker and thinner.

Chester vs. the Furminator: The Furminator WINS!
235256095_48e918557e.jpg

235256136_9db1ad3fd0.jpg

Sorry the pics are so dark. It's very overcast today and my flash wasn't going off like it's supposed to and once I got the flash working Mr. Chester wouldn't sit still for me anymore! I know he looks pitiful in this pic but he was just tired of me messing with him. After I took the pic I gave him treats and lots of hugs and he laid down for a well-desreved nap.

Oh poor ((((((((Chester)))))))) you come here and live with me, darling boy. I won't do nasty things to you like your Mamma did with that terminator furminator ;) :lol:

Bless him, he does look really fed up :( Didn't you reward him for being a good boy or something?

Poor little guy!!! He's looking at you like "thanks alot mom"!!! I love that grumpy sweet face!!!

And nice job on the coat!!!!! (y)

Great photos! i love stories with pictures. To Chester i say, "some day you will thank your mom for this." He looks great and he will be cooler, and he got extra treats too.

i didn't realize neutering was related to that fluffiness. I actually like Zack's fluffiness and have missed it since getting his summer hair cut. Other people have loved it too. On this board, i've heard a few people talk about this fluffy fur as if it's undesirable and i've been puzzled about it.

I got a furminator, the blue one, months ago. I can't remember now why i got it, just that i thought it would be a good brush to keep his hair neat. I saw pictures on the furmiinator website like your pictures. But i couldn't get it do do that on Zack, hardly any hair came off. I got it at PetSmart and i asked a groomer there to show me how to use it, how to hold it, etc, and she showed me, so it's mysterous to me why i don't get any more hair off of zack with the furminator than i get off with a regular pin comb or flea comb. maybe zack's coat just isn't that thick yet and there's not that much to furminate.

anyway chester looks spiffy.

Judy,

Maxx has the fluffy fur and I don't dislike it but sometimes he looks like a woolly mammoth and he gets very uncomfortable as he mats up a lot.

I once got stopped by this woman who said 'Oh, how fat is that poor cavalier? You should be ashamed!' I told her to put her hands in his coat and see how fat he was...

She went very red and then said 'Oh, how fluffy is that Cavalier, I've never seen such a furry Cav!' :roll:

Even our Vet can't believe how fluffified he gets, I brush him every day and get loads out too but it just keeps on growing :yikes :lol:

We just go the newest issue of Consumer Reports today and they had a little article on pet brushes and here is their conclusion of the Furminator:

"CR's Take: The furminator's price is fairly steep, but if you want an effective, easy-to-clean device to cut down on a pet's shedding, it's worth considering. Besides, we get a kick out of its name." :v*cuum:

Maxxs_Mummy said:
Judy,

Maxx has the fluffy fur and I don't dislike it but sometimes he looks like a woolly mammoth and he gets very uncomfortable as he mats up a lot....Even our Vet can't believe how fluffified he gets, I brush him every day and get loads out too but it just keeps on growing :yikes :lol:

Donna--i see what you mean! zack is still sleek. he just feels really soft, his fur feels silky. Or it did before i got his summer cut. As its growing back, i'm noticing it's more coarse, rougher, where is all that soft fur? :cry*ing:

oh well.

Are you using a Furminator?

Back