• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

singletons and multiple cavs..

LOL! It's good to see that my original query recieved so many positive responses! I'll use your examples as ammunition if my parents have a collective fit! Not, at the end of the day, that it's really any of their business. A friend of my mum's is a single girl who works in a very demanding full time job. She has a ruby Cav who spend most of the time with her mum. In that situation, it'd be advisable to check.... in mine, it's not at all! I just hate arguing :roll:

WoodHaven said:
Charleen said:
Lisa_T - I am single and have no human children. I have 3 going on 4 cavaliers. I am 43 and these dogs are my kids. They have so much love to give and I spoil them rotten. I am not lonely when I go home. I even drop them off at doggy day care, while I am working.

I know what you mean about not telling your parents. When I got my third dog, I lived alone, but I didn't tell my parents right away that I had gotten another one. I lived an hour away from them, so I didn't mention it until after I got her.

Until I joined this web-board I thought I was a real oddball for wanting to get multiple dogs. But now with this forum I found out that there are others with the same interest as me. And I am not a dog freak :yikes after all.

ROTFLMAO--- the first thing out of my moms mouth when we visit is "how many dogs do you have NOW"??

:lol: :lol: I get the same thing, and not just from parents. I'm known in the office as the "Doggie Pimp".

Bruce H said:
.... :lol: :lol: I get the same thing, and not just from parents. I'm known in the office as the "Doggie Pimp".

:lol: a proud distinction, i'm sure. Do you have a lot of photos around your desk?

I have my dog pictures all over my office. Then for our Halloween night we have at the University residence hall where I work, I dress up in my 50's outfit (poodle skirt, etc.) and both the girls dress up as well in costume. It's a hoot!! Last year one little girl said, "that white and red dog of yours is here every year!"

Sheri

LOL! Not very many photos of humans on my desk at work, but a LOT of photos of my pets!!

Remali said:
LOL! Not very many photos of humans on my desk at work, but a LOT of photos of my pets!!

Sounds like my house :lol: :lol: :lol:

Judy, your ideal man sounds like everything my hubby is not :x I think I'll swap him for another Cavalier - so much easier ;)

Today though, I have been painting out our understairs cupboard & my boys have been so neglected it's unreal!

They kept bringing me toys and play bowing and growling at me to take notice of them - they just don't seem to understand 'in a minute sweetheart, Mamma is a bit busy'.

Eventually, my eldest son came home and had a real good play with them both for about an hour and a half. When they zonked out on their beds they kept giving me filthy looks :lol:

They also had a lovely long walk courtesy of my youngest and his friend tonight so they can hardly think they are neglected - I'd hate to think what they'd be like if I was that busy every day :yikes :roll: :lol:

Being a single gal, who loves her pets dearly.....my major criteria for finding Mr. Right is this..... would I trust him with my pets? And if the answer is even a "maybe", that isn't good enough, and I keep on lookin'!!
Gotta find myself a guy who respects and loves animals, and he must be someone who I would trust with my pets 100%! LOL!

You can make a convert. My hubby grew up with a mom that really didn't like ANY animals-- a year with me and he saw the light. Today he understands how much my dogs mean to me and he makes them a priority-- mostly for me (he doesn't fully understand how precious doggie kisses are -lol).

Remali said:
Being a single gal, who loves her pets dearly.....my major criteria for finding Mr. Right is this..... would I trust him with my pets? And if the answer is even a "maybe", that isn't good enough, and I keep on lookin'!!
Gotta find myself a guy who respects and loves animals, and he must be someone who I would trust with my pets 100%! LOL!

Oh how true! I could never have married anyone who didn't love animals as much as I do :yikes I got home late from an appointment the other night and was worried that the boys hadn't been fed. I needn't have bothered, it was the first thing he did when he got in from work - and was saying to them to tell Mamma off for neglecting their meal time - by all of 35 minutes :roll:

He was also the one who started Maxx off sleeping upstairs 'he's lonely on his own' :lol: And also built bunny palaces for the rabbits we used to have as the shop bought ones were 'too small for them to bounce around in' :roll: :lol:

He might drive me mad sometimes but I wouldn't really swap him :lol:

Maxxs_Mummy said:
Remali said:

Oh how true! I could never have married anyone who didn't love animals as much as I do :yikes I got home late from an appointment the other night and was worried that the boys hadn't been fed. I needn't have bothered, it was the first thing he did when he got in from work - and was saying to them to tell Mamma off for neglecting their meal time - by all of 35 minutes :roll:

He was also the one who started Maxx off sleeping upstairs 'he's lonely on his own' :lol: And also built bunny palaces for the rabbits we used to have as the shop bought ones were 'too small for them to bounce around in' :roll: :lol:

He might drive me mad sometimes but I wouldn't really swap him :lol:

These cavs seem to have that effect on men. Although my other half liked dogs before we got Merlin, he's never really got "close" with one. He was the same as Donna's hubby - let him upstairs he'll be lonely on his own..... They have boy nights together - pizza, football and beer! He's even made a start on making Merlin feel extra special weeks in advance of the new puppy arriving by taking Merlin for his quick "wee poo" walk around 8.30 pm instead of me taking him so its something different. I think he's secretly more excited about the new puppy than I am (males would then be the higher % in the house!) - he won't admint it though :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ilive on my own and have 3 cavs 2 collies 1 rottie and a leo but the numbers seem to have crept up and 3 of them are rescues.I also foster any cavs for my local rescue centre these are mainly x breeding bitchs that need to learn about living in a house and my cavs soon teach them usually all the naughty things

What a great thread! I'm single and went through the same misgivings before I got Mia. Wrigley had just gotten to the stage where he was very dependable and had free roam of the house at all times (even during the day while I was at work). He knew what I wanted from him and I swear could read my mind at times--ha! Things had gotten really easy and comfortable...

Then I started feeling sorry for him when I left for work--mostly because he has huge brown eyes and knows how to use them to make me feel guilty. Little stinker! I had always wanted a Cavalier and knew that their temperaments were similar to a Golden's. I couldn't physically handle another 100 lb. dog--so getting a Cavi just made sense! icon_whistling

Anyway, I've become so attached to my dogs--and most of the time prefer them to many humans I know. I look forward to going home and rarely go out at night unless it's on the weekends when I've spent most of the day with them. Fortunately, my close friends have recently also gotten dogs, so we do alot of "dog activities" together. I'm the first to add a second dog to the house, though. And I did get a few raised eyebrows when I mentioned my plan. Actually, if someone told me three years ago I would have two dogs that I love to pieces--I would have laughed in their face! :yikes

All that to say, I don't know where I'd find the time to date if I HAD to! For the right guy (i.e., Must Love Dogs) I suppose I'd find a way, though.

So good to hear others are in the same place--and I'm not just one of those weird "dog people"... :fool: Or if I am, I'm in good company! :p

I am married with 3 cav's - I loved dogs but never really wanted any as my mum didn't really like them and had a very very clean house, I met Darren who had a yorkie and a blenheim and they were great, my dad and mum some what mellowed and sometime they came in the house for visit - mum actually going to the biscuit tin for them...... Daisy the yorkie sometimes had a go at men and if dad moved to fast she was hanging off of his trousers :lol:

We got a house, got married, got a bigger house, dog sat my bosses tri and I was so upset at having to give it back that we got Busta, then Woody and somehow Ozzy - I did have to practice telling my mum though for Busta (after already putting down the deposit and making sure he was ours), and again for Woody and then I pretended that Ozzy was a surprise from Darren. How come I still feel about 6 years old sometimes.
:oops:

Back