Thread: Update - need advice

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update - need advice

I do not know if the amount of wees are normal this is why i am asking advice all the time on this matter...

I do not think she is ill because when ever she has been ill she just walks around with her head down saying please feel sorry for me!!!

This was her wee pattern yesterday ... is it normal ( oh by the way yes she does drink well)

3am
    2pm
    11.30pm

I know that does not sound much but we took her for walks at 12.30 for 30 mins and at 17.00 for 45mins and nothing ...hmmm weird

I am happy to say that last night she did not wake us up to go wee wee... and she did first thing this morning at 07.30am now we will see how it goes today

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure what is and what isn't normal !

Bailey goes quiet alot

6am
    7:30am
    12pm (sometimes twice)

Then throughout the evening he goes about 2-3 times

His last wee is normally between 9:30pm and 10pm and then he doesn't go again till 6am...... He has about 3 poo's aday to
    Kerry & Bailey

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Update - need advice

Quote Originally Posted by Jen114
    ...This was her wee pattern yesterday ... is it normal ( oh by the way yes she does drink well)

3am
    2pm
    11.30pm

I know that does not sound much but we took her for walks at 12.30 for 30 mins and at 17.00 for 45mins and nothing ...hmmm weird
    this sounds just like how belle was, she used to hardly ever pee. They got her checked by the vet and everything was fine. They took her on long walks and she would never go. but she would pee in the house at home. but not that often. she also was a dog who peed when she got excited, like when they came home from work, so maybe that's why she didn't pee later when they went for a walk. she has kind of outgrown this i think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Are you sure she is only peeing this little and not going somewhere where you don't notice?

This seems a worryingly low amount of urine to be passing. I would be sure to have an OK from a vet for such small amounts as if she is having trouble passing urine you'd want to have that checked.

Mine all need to go out every 4 hours or so and could only manage longer with some discomfort or if sleeping as then, they do not need to go out as frequently.

Most of us would be very uncomfortable holding urine longer than 4-5 hours and if you have dogs outdoors you will note they go far more often than that by choice.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

she is not doing any where else ...

when she is at my mom i know they ahve a good 1-2hour afternoon nap if not longer....

and we take her out every day at 7 - 12 -4 -7 -11 and she only chooses to wee at 3 or 4 of the walks

Post Thanks / Like

wow Kayla doesn't go to the bathroom very often at all!! To be honest with you Kosmo goes every 4 hours! I never have to worry about him having to go in between because I let him out every 4 hours and he goes. Good luck!
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

Default another update

another update!!Kayla went for her mid day walk and did not go wee wee

Post Thanks / Like

I would get it checked out with the vet. When I bring mine for a walk they go for several pees.

Joanna

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Update - need advice

Quote Originally Posted by Jen114
    ...I do not think she is ill because when ever she has been ill she just walks around with her head down saying please feel sorry for me!!!...
    Unfortunately you can't necessarily go by this because dogs often don't show signs of discomfort, maybe they have a high pain tolerance, and they're distractable, and have to be pretty sick in order to act uncomfortable. They can act perfectly happy despite having wounds and things.

My cat had the opposite thing. Years ago, she was peeing all over the house. It was so distressing. It smelled awful. We had just moved to a new place with a backyard, and stray cats congregated in the backyard, and we even let one of them inside, and it was after that that the frequent peeing started. I brilliantly (NOT) theorized that she was marking her territory, and it went on for a few months before i (duh) got her checked by a vet (on the advice of a cat psychologist), who found a fairly bad urinary tract infection needing antibiotics. My point is, she never acted sick or as if she was uncomfortable other than peeing a lot.

I don't know if you already mentioned this, but how much water is Kayla drinking? I don' mean exactly the amount, but do you notice her drinking very often? If she's not very active she might not be drinking much, and thus, not peeing much. ? Definitely a vet's call imo.