• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pulling Teeth

Lovey had alot of her teeth pulled. First one came out on it's own, and we just let it be. Then another one came out. That's when we got worried, so we took her to the vet. They said she needed extractions immediatley, because she had Gingivitis. So the next morning we took her to get a few more pulled. She hasn't had anymore since though. We've been trying to keep up the brushing.

:w**h**: :w**h**:

The one on the other side is almost out too.

I have been wiggling it and giving him chews, I bet it will be out by next week and that is when he would of had to go in to have them pulled.

The Vet said it is safest to wait at least two weeks after any shots before putting them under. No need now, Now he can wait to be neutered.
Will let you know when the other one falls out, they were pretty tight, I can't believe I was actually considering going to have them pulled. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

Remali said:
I was about to take Bentley in to the vet to have his puppy teeth removed, when all of a sudden one day they both just fell right out! And they had been quite firmly in place too! I think he was around 6 or 7 months when they fell out on their own.

I don't have Bentley neutered, he was a year this past July. Due to various reasons (well, my vet sort of had me scared of the anesthesia risks and the mitral valve thing), I have decided not to neuter him. He doesn't hump, never has, yet anyway! And he is ALWAYS on a leash, not around other dogs, and I am very responsible and very careful. His personality and disposition are so gentle and loving, and, like I mentioned, he hasn't been interested in humping anything, so I have left him intact. I did hear tho, that there was a higher incidence of testicular cancer in dogs that were not neutered, does anyone know if this is true?

(playfully smiling) That is like asking if men have higher incidences of testicular cancer than women.
Yes, but I was told that testicular cancer tends to be a less aggressive cancer that is usually cured by neutering at that time.
The older the boy gets, the more likely he will be at risk for MVD and this tends to complicate the use of anesthesia. When my boys are "done" with their reproductive years I will have them neutered.

Thanks Sandy! LOL! I hadn't heard of the testicular cancer thing, but a friend of mine mentioned it. What you say makes perfect sense to me.

Guess who lost his other tooth today. :w**h**:

No more wiggling, they are gone. :wggle: (y)

Holly definitely has all her adult teeth. I even remember the chewing-everything stage. But I cannot remember actually seeing any teeth coming out! Do some dogs eat them/ swallow them?

Lisa_T said:
Holly definitely has all her adult teeth. I even remember the chewing-everything stage. But I cannot remember actually seeing any teeth coming out! Do some dogs eat them/ swallow them?

Lisa

They sure do swallow them, although Darby's tooth was loose I checked it last night it was still hanging this morning it was gone. :yikes :yikes :yikes
Just goes through them. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Just found one of the back one's loose, back to wiggling again. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

Back