• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Update: Urgent AGAIN, Dublin area, needed for a few days

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I need a quiet place for Cara, the ex-breeding girl that was nearly pts.

Ideally this needs to be in or very near Dublin so that I can arrange for a spay and teeth cleaning.

This is quite urgent as she needs to be moved from where she is as she, as a second dog, is causing stress to an oldie cavalier. She is very freidnly to other dogs however herself. :) And very loving.

She is also still waiting for a home; if interested, please PM me.

aww Karlin I wish I lived in Ireland. I would take her in a heart beat. Poor little soul. . . :(

Thanks all. I have a wonderful home for her from Sunday. :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

Brid, I may be in touch for a brief foster on the weekend if needed. I am just working out final details.

She's fine for tonight; might need a place for one night. I'll let you know tomorrow if that's OK. :)

Thanks Brid, if I were in Ireland I'd have her here with our mad lot.

So glad she's getting a new home, Karlin :flwr:

Cara is Ok to stay tonight :jmp: ( Rudee's gone on hols :drivecar: ) I'm so sorry for causing such cafuffle for everyone. I thought it would all be OK but I have one stubborn pooch :swear: (I'm not very proud of her at the moment!) who doesn't want to share.
Anyway, the good news is that Cara went to see the vet yesterday and apart from needing a spay and some teeth cleaning, she's absolutely fine. :jump: She had her ears cleaned and her anal glands squeezed :yuk: . The vet said her heart is fine so things can only get better for this little girl from now on. Once Rudee left the house Cara seemed to settle down and relax. She enjoyed going on a lead walk and loved going to the beach.

I've fallen in love with this little minx and I will miss her :( but she's going to a great new home and she will thrive .

Thanks for all you've done for her! :flwr: It can be really hard for oldies that have been the main dog for so many years to adjust to a new arrival and the most important consideration has to be Rudee. I know how much you'd have liked to have Cara fit in. :)

I cannot believe this but this great home has fallen through because the woman's adult daughters have put pressure on her that she wouldn't be able to trust this sweet dog around young visiting grandchildren.

:swear: :swear:

I understand the concern but I wish people would not make commitments without thinking thru these issues in the first place, especially with a dog in an urgent situation.

I have Cara at the moment and am desperate for a foster place while I try to sort a home for her. I simply cannot believe this is happening to this lovely dog.

Brid I have PM'd you. But any offers of foster or interest in homing her, please me. I am leaving the country for two weeks on Friday and badly need to have her sorted out to either a foster place or a new home. Even a few days short term foster right now would help me organise this.

Unfortunately my waiting list is homes with very small children and I feel young children around her at all times right now would be a little unnerving for HER but stress she is one of the most gentle and placid dogs I have encountered.

Thank you Brid for offering foster this week. This gives me the space to make a more stable arrangement for her. *ng*l Possible home to be homechecked as well.

I have never had such a sequence of events happen with a dog, especially such a lovely one that people would normally be fighting over!

I am taking it as a sign that her perfect home is waiting.

way to keep positive on the situation, Karlin. :) The perfect home will come up eventually, just keep your faith in her and your outlook positive!! Take care! :)

Things are looking up for her. She is safely over with Brid with her lovely Phoebe as a dog companion for the next few days, which will be pleasant for her; and I am doing a homecheck with an older couple on Tuesday morning. They've been waiting since February but had got misfiled on my other computer... so let's hope this is the place that has been waiting just for her. :)

yay@!!
:mexwav: :mexwav:

I am so glad things are working out for you guys!! Positive thoughts going your way and for this new home check to work out!! (y)

:xfngr:

It sounds very promising. :)

If for some reason it isn;t going to work then she will go to long term foster for a few weeks until I can get her ready.

Claire did much initial work with her so that she is very calm and happy and on her way to being a very loved companion for someone. :flwr:

Please God please God it'll work out. All well with her here in Lucan . She has eaten and chased a rabbit(always a good sign!!) and she's finally asleep under the table here in the kitchen. Phoebe is fine here with her too.

So glad that Cara has settled with you Brid, it's always a good sign if they eat!!

Really pleased also that a possible forever home is being checked for her, she would be perfect for an older couple esp if they are home a lot and can give her lots of attention.

Keeping paws crossed here for this precious darling.

Brid, thanks so much for taking this little one in & loving her :flwr: as Nicki said, always a good sign if they eat :lol:

Glad Phoebe is OK with her, she sounds like my Maxx, he'll welcome any others into his home without batting an eyelid. he usually drags out some toys for them too :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I said before, if I were in Ireland, I'd have taken her on a long term foster, no probs. I just hope the new home works out for her. SAounds like the other home wouldn't have been suitable for her anyway if the stupid woman was so dithery :x Honestly, I don't think I have ever known a Cavalier to snap at a child - I think I'd trust them more than the kids :roll:

:oops: I seem to be showing how un-maternal I am towards children :badgrin:

Back