• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Argh Jaspar...

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
As it was such a lovely evening last night, I took all the dogs for a walk at dusk in the Phoenix Park. We had a nice tramp and just as we were coming back to the car and I was putting Leo and Lily back on leads (and there was a little ruby puppy with the people nearby. Very cute and full of beans!!) Jaspar finds an enormous pile of fresh horse poop and starts rolling in it with more joy than I have ever seen him do anything. He was rolling and writhing like mad on his back and side and bits of poop were flying everywhere! :(

Ugh! :yuk: I had to leave the windows open driving home as he absolutely stank. Straight in for a bath when we arrived needless to say so now he looks lovely. I think it was all a ruse so that he'd get blow-dried, which is one of his favourite activities -- standing still while warm air blows all over him. :roll:

Good lord, how proud was he?!?! :lol: :lol:

It was so annoying though as I hadn't had dinner and it took 45 minutes to get him washed and dreid and I was starving by then. I ended up eating at 9:30pm.

It amazes me how much they enjoy something dead, smelly or even better, both. And if they can smear themselves in it, better yet. Both Lily and Jaspar had already had a heyday about 30 min earlier writhing on their backs in piles of deer poop -- there must have been an entire herd in the area a short time previously -- but at least those are usually kind of hard like rabbit poops and don't have much of an effect on their coats. :(

Oh Jasper :lol: :badgrin: :lol:

Sorry I shouldn't laugh but can't help it....I can just imagine!!

They always time it really badly too don't they?

Glad he's looking beautiful now though...Rupert loves the hair dryer, he used to come running when he was little whenever I dried my hair and he heard the dryer :D

You should have taken some pictures :D

I have to admit my favourite Cavalier pics are the ones where they are absolutely mucked up to the eyeballs :yikes There's an idea for a future photo theme, Filthy Cavs 8)

:badgrin: :badgrin: Bwahahaha, you go Jaspar!

Bono really likes this to, but his mum, to Bonos surprise, not at all... :roll:

Oh Jaspar, you little minger :yuk: I'm surprised your Mamma is still talking to you :lol:

Maxx loves the hairdryer too and whilst Charlie was petrified of it when he first came here, he now likes it too. It's great fun whilst I'm trying to dry my own hair with them both sat waiting for a blast too :roll: :lol:

LOL Thank goodness we dont have horses in our backyard!! Willow and Cedar like to roll in things, too. Luckily, they are limited to bird poop ( the fresh stuff the best!) and rabbit cavier. One time I think Cedar found dog poo in the front yard from a stray or irresponsibly owned pet. That was an exciting day for her!! It was the closest to horse poo wallows as we've had, and so I certainly am thankful we are in a horse-free zone!!

Oh I just knew you were going to stay Jaspar had rolled in something :D :D That boy cannot resist a good pile of horsey poop!!

And I was feeling sorry for myself because Molly rolled in cat poop in the yard the day after I had given her bath :yikes

Can't imagine having to ride home in the car with that :eek:

King loves to rolls around in the grass...but lucky for me he only gets dirt/mud on his coat...no poop!!! but needless to say he still stinks and needs a bath!!

This was his worst ever horse poop roll as it was so fresh that he was actually damp afterwards. :yuk: But boy did he have fun and I don't think I have ever seen him wriggle so fast -- I had to laugh.

:lol: :badgrin: :lol: :badgrin: :lol: you wouldnt think looking at his photo he could do anything like THAT!!! but maybe he was just dreaming about it then :lol: :badgrin: :lol: the real stuff is sooo much better....well maybe not for you karlin. :flwr:

:lol: :lol: Fjalar did this once, I and Jenny were walking with our dogs and they were out of their leads. Fjalar was just running around me and playing when I took my eyes of him for a second and when I looked after him again he was wallow in cow dung!! I wasn't really happy then but now I can laugh at this because I have finished to wash him :lol:
This is how he looked like when he had wallow in this:

m0132881.jpg

Very nice, isn't it? It took me very long time to wash his face completely, the smell was not going to leave!

:lol: :lol:
Jeremy has also discovered horse pooh. Its just outside for him to eat and roll in whenever he likes. :yuk: Its funny though because I only have one pony and the poohs are bigger than him.

Back