Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Girl Or Boy? Your opinions please...

Hybrid View

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Girl Or Boy? Your opinions please...

Having waited patiently for my puppy after searching and a couple of failed matings, finally I had the call I was hoping for from my breeder. My puppy was born on Friday...yay! The only problem being I had wanted a girl but the mum had 3 boys and 1 girl and the breeder might want to keep the girl. She said she would decide in 8 weeks. So I have first refusal on the girl but I can have my choice of the boys. There's a possibility she might keep a boy, I guess depending on looks. It's kind of thrown me. I had a girls name picked out and everything. I know by eight weeks I would have become attached to the boy as I am allowed to see him every week from 10 days old. I've even chosen the name Dylan! I don't know how I would feel if I was offered the girl at that point. I would appreciate your opinions on any differences, advantages/disadvantages in nature or habbits between girls and boys. Thank you x

Post Thanks / Like

I chose a boy because of girls monthly's
    and was told that girls can be quite hormonal/stroppy (don't know how true it is)?, I have enough of that with my 12 yr old daughter

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I'd get my girl or boy "seen to" as soon as possilbe anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the most sweeties Girl,,,,,, and my mother and sister inlaw has girls too... I do not want to make your more confused but having a girls is also great and the 6 monthly (not monthy) is not really a prob...

Post Thanks / Like

I have always had males cavaliers the only dog who was female Penny was no trouble only once every 6 mouth are so when she was in season about nomal for most dogs I can say that male or female that they are lovely little dogs Aileen

Post Thanks / Like

a few people on the board feel this way:

Girls love you

Boys are IN love with you! hehe
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Amen!

You are SO right!!!!!! Our little Annie is a love. Teddy is IN love with us.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Sara, my boys are definitely in love with me

Unless you were planning on breeding which you're obviously not, I don't really think it matters too much. They are such loving little dogs and both sexes are as wonderful and loving as each other

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

From my experience with Golden Retrievers ( girls can be wayward and stubborn)- I chose a boy - don't know if its breed specific but I think boys are more loyal and tend to want to please their mum's more (thus easier to train) - which is why I am going for another boy
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I adore having two boys. If you have bonded with the little boy, tell your breeder you want to stick with the boy!

I chose a boy because of girls monthly's
    and was told that girls can be quite hormonal/stroppy (don't know how true it is)?
    Girls actually only have twice yearlies or so not monthlies, but of course they last 4 weeks each time : -- spaying solves the issue and is highly advisable for health reasons for females that are not part of a structured breeding programme with a recognised breeder/mentor. Lower cancer risk (they have a 25% chance of cancer otherwise on average) and removes the roisk of pyometra, which is usually lethal.

Females can be stroppy even when spayed, usually only with other females, spayed or not. Lily is this way. From that point of view, I much prefer the easy going nature of my boys!

It is all partly up to the individual dog's personality too but I have seen far more problems between female dogs of any breed or mix than between males, especially neutered males. Spaying and neutering considerably lowers the incidence of problems.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com