Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Girl Or Boy? Your opinions please...

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I wanted a girl too, but the litter I was waiting to get a puppy from was 3 boys. I wouldn't trade my boy for anything in the world! He has been so easy to train, and doesn't lift his leg or hump. He will be 6 months old next week, so not sure what's in store down the road as he is my only dog. He is SUPER affectionate, and loves to snugggle. I think each dog has their own personality- it doesn't really matter boy/girl sex. The breeder should be able to tell you their personality by 6 weeks of age or so. Jato was the puppy who always wanted to be in the breeders lap when she sat on the floor with the puppies. That's what I was looking for. Good Luck!
    Jato - Blenheim, Nov. 2007
    Zoey - Ruby, June 2008

Post Thanks / Like

After reading all of this Sparky is so typical of the breed & is totaly in love with me. during the evenin I usualy slob out on the sofa & Sparky bounds at me & either sleeps with his head on my heart or his chest in my face, almost smothering me - like he loves me to death!! My other half often says to me that I am only short of breast feeding him as we're so close!

Regarding the sex issue though, my last dog Leo (neutered male chinese crested x maltese) was extreemly loving too - not to the extent Sparks is but he allways wanted to either be with me or know where I was, whereas Cassie (spayed female jack russell) likes the odd cuddle but much prefers her own space & own bed - inless she wants to be with you & then she's all over me!

The reason when we got Sparky that we got a male was that we though as Cass had lived with another male & can be narky with other dogs a male would work out better & she does love him to bits. In the future I think we will get another male cav but not untill Cass goes to the bridge (which hopefully won't be for a good number of years yet).
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

I have two boys and I wouldnt change it for the world. I was once told that if you are a female and you want a dog that is hopelessly devoted to you that you should get a male Cavalier.

My situation only confirms this. My two boys are crazy about me (although they love my husband too) but they always are lovey with me.
    Carrie
    Kip~Tri-Color Boy
    Albie~Blenheim Boy

Post Thanks / Like

I've always had male dogs (all non-Cavalier) and when it came to getting our first Cavalier I insisted upon a female. This was not based on personality traits I was expecting but rather I became sick to death of the leg cocking. My male dogs have killed more than their fair share of trees and plants and putting a vegetable garden was always out of the question if I didn't expect urine all over my tomatoes. Also, I was fed up with all the marking while out on a walk. I couldn't (still can't as I still have an elderly male at home) walk by a tree, pole, mailbox, fence post, fire hydrant, car tire, etc., without having to stop to accommodate sniffing and marking. Maggie pees only when she needs to and walks merrily along by my side, only stopping when my male dog has to leave his calling card.

I can't imagine a more loving dog - if males are more loving than this, I think I would feel smothered!

Post Thanks / Like

I have both and I love them both. I think if I were to get another puppy, I would choose one based on the temperament and looks, and not the sex. I really don't think one is better than the other- they are ALL amazing!
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Amen!

You are SO right!!!!!! Our little Annie is a love. Teddy is IN love with us.