Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Girl Or Boy? Your opinions please...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey if you have kids you have dirty nappies...... my nephew pee'd right in my face once, and my new niece well number two's come out the top and the leg holes of her nappys.... Dogs have gotta be easier.

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Nappies...that was a long time ago I guess it's the same thing, you don't mind when you love them.

Post Thanks / Like

OMG aren't they just. My eldest once peed right up my leg! We were all ready to go out and there were wbout six of hub's mates sitting in my lounge. Rhys soaked his nappy (I used terry's in those days) so i laid him on his changing mat and knelt down on the floor to change him.

As soon as I removed his nappy, he shuddered and then peed - right up inside my dress and all over my leg. even my undies were soaked

Of course, the blokes thought it hilarious but not as funny as I did when I handed the clean nappy, pin and rubbers to one of them and said 'If it's so funny, you do it'

I think hubs must have changed him because the nappy stayed on I had to go and shower and change!

Post Thanks / Like

Sticking with the furbabies for a while then....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Of course, the blokes thought it hilarious but not as funny as I did when I handed the clean nappy, pin and rubbers to one of them and said 'If it's so funny, you do it'
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

It took me a long time to chose which sex I wanted and in the end the extra loving of the male and the easier operation for desexing sold me on a boy. I certainly am happy I made that choice!
    Vanessa

Post Thanks / Like

Default boys v girls

I have 4 girls of different breeds ( 3 goldens, 1 griffon), and they have been brilliant. Lovable, extremely gentle but not too clingy. I generally prefer females because of this. The males I have had havent been the best, but that could be due to nature and breeding. But Jeremy we got because,well, he picked us really, and my son wanted a boy dog. He has been fantastic. He plays with all my children, even the baby. He gets along with everyone in the household. I dont think I have ever seen my husband so besotted with a dog before. So I dont regret getting a male cavy. We are planning to get another one in a year or so, and that will probably be a boy too. I think I am becoming a convert for the boys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love the cavalier females and males equally.

I have 2 female cavs, India and Chocolate, who are very loving and friendly with our family, all strangers and other animals. They have never fought with each other. Chocolate has never gotten into a spat with Geordie either. Both females are registered therapy dogs.

I have 1 male cav who is very loving with us and his cavvie sisters, but he is shy with strangers and other animals. Geordie has gotten into spats with India over bully sticks. He does seem to be in love with me, so always comes when called!

All 3 are super affectionate and cuddly, but only Chocolate is a true lap dog.

I think temperament is more important to me than gender when it comes to dogs! If you have a friendly and calm cavvie, you can take him or her anywhere!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Default sound like a female should win out for me

I'm also trying to decide btwn male and female.

I have two young girls (3 and 6) and with this knowledge ALL the breeders have recommended male. Then I went to a cavalier romp and ALL the OWNERS overwhelmingly recommended female!! These owners all said they had easier times training their females.

After reading all the replies to this post this is what stands out to me:

For males there are tendencies for humping issues (even after neutering) and peeing on themselves plus problems with them lifting their legs constantly while on walks (even after neutering).

The people with females still seemed pleased with the level of loving they get from their females. So, in an effort to avoid the potential problems involved with the males I think that a female would be the better choice for us. I think my girls would walk easier with a dog that wasn't preoccupied with marking and the thoughts of them getting dog pee on them aren't appealing.

I was really hoping to find info that neutering would most definitely stop the leg raising and the humping but that just doesn't seem to be the case. I thought early neutering might increase your chances of having a male that will not be humping obsessed or marking obsessed.

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I didn't know this thread still existed. I'd love to find the thread I posted after I got Dylan with all the congrats, I will ask Karlin now...
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'