• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Newbie From Florida

Thanks everyone for the kind responses.

Addiesmom - So glad to hear that your little girl seems to be on the mend. This disease is very frustrating to deal with because of the variables and mis-diagnosis possibilities involved. One of the things I feel is so very important for treatment of any disease is to have faith in the Vet that you're trusting your pet's future to. In our case, we had complete faith in our Veterinarian from the start. We've been using the same Vet for years for all of our animals & birds and credit his expertise and willingness to confer with other experts in the Platelet field for saving our boy. He is the author of many books and has been involved and participated in many specials on Animal Planet. He is one of the very few I've heard of that lets the pet owner observe any and all surgeries that is performed on your pet. He was one of the first to encourage us to seek out alternative methods (which he practices also) especially when he had to resort to such potent Western Meds such as the steriods and chemo. I noticed Addie is exactly the same age as our Charley. Just curious. Was there anything in particular that precipitated Addie's symptoms?

I know in our case, we went on the warpath immediately after different possibilities such as our pest control man to our pool man after being told that "any changes in their immediate environment" could trigger IT or other immune associative diseases. You start (at least we did) to go a little crazy when your little boy or girl is deteriorating before your eyes and the 'experts' can't tell you anything definitive. Best wishes to you and Addie for her continued recovery.

During all this I've sort of neglected introducing our little Ruby girl Megan. Megan is four yrs old and is my favorite girl. Megan's only health problem with the exception of her mom and dad spoiling her and letting her weight get out of control is BOAS. We now have her on a regimented diet which should help with the airway obstruction problem once we get some weight back off of her.

Here are a few pics of our little Megy girl;

Megan1.jpg

Megan2.jpg

Thanks all!

Wow! I was so nervous and anxious to read your newest post. So afraid we were going to hear bad news. What wonderful news. Truly made my afternoon...and then reading further about your new baby. What a truly uplifting story. Charley is an absolute charmer. And obviously a very strong willed boy to pull through all of that. And Megan...what a sweet pea!!

So glad you gave us an update on your story. I, too, have wondered how things were going.

Back