Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: doggy raincoats

Post Thanks / Like

Default doggy raincoats

Hello!
    I was wondering if anyone has a raincoat for their cavalier? I'm housetraining my 11 week old puppy and everytime its raining (which it did everyday the first week we had her), it's difficult to juggle the treats, poop bags, and umbrella. Of course, she still comes back inside shivering and wet. I cuddle her in a towel until she is dry, especially her ears. I don't mind going through this since it's part of having a dog and I expected it- taking them out rain, shine, or snow!!! However, if something can help, I'm all for buying it. Does anyone use a raincoat for their cavvy? There are so many different types- any brands or types you recommend? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Merlin has a really lightweight rain coat - its an outward hound "foul weather" coat. He's had this since he was a baby and now doesn't mind what you put him in!!!

You can order it from www.waggers.co.uk
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

I have an adorable one for Holly from Monsoon/Accessorize- it's a human shop that has introduced a pet range! It pretty much feels like apron material- waterproof on one side and with a lining on the other. No hood, but that would drive Holly nuts anyway, and she's quite happy wearing an ordinary coat, so I think she likes this one.

I had the same problem with Holly when she was tiny- and once she got cold, it was so hard to really warm her again, poor baby, cos she was quite skinny. I found a little warm water helped once I was back in the house, and I got her a coat that was waterproof on one side and fleecy on the other. Now she doesn't need it- her coat is really too lush!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Where are you located?

If you are in the US, Target has a steal on a doggie rain coat that would be about the right size for a Cavalier Puppy (but too small for a grown dog).

My sister got it for her dog last year and loves it. Lucky is wearing it now in the rain because her dog has other raincoats, and I like the reflective stripe so I can be sure cars see him when he's out at night.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B0009QZA9G
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

By the way ... I can also relate to your concern about having him in the rain ... I bought the doggie bath robe from www.thenewyorkdogshop.com so that he can dry off in his bathrobe after going outside and hopefully also that'll keep the furniture from getting quite as wet.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

Or you could just use a hairdryer. Dry him off and warm him up at the same time. What sensible pup would object to that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

TRPD do the most wonderful coats, in all sizes - there are quite a few small sizes at the moment.

They do a raincoat with a sherpa lining which would keep them warm as well.

http://petcraftproject.proboards24.c...ead=1154797850

All monies raised are used in projects to help animals in rescue, so it's very worthwhile...

Other items availabe include training mats {brilliant for cages, chairs, under leaky oldies/poorly puddlers - 2 and 4 legged!!...}; blankets, throws, duvets etc; harnesses and the "I need a home" webbing range, which makes a wonderful gift for rescues...

Please go and have a look, and hopefully do some shopping...your purchases fund all sorts of different projects to help rescues, all money raised is used for this.

http://petcraftproject.proboards24.c...gi?board=sales

the items are under separate headings on this page

The boys on one of the training mats

Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Those are all great suggestions! I especially like the raincoat with the warm sherpa/fleece lining. Im going to look for that. I might try using a blowdryer on her, but right now she hates it. The bathrobe idea is adorable - Im going to look for that too! Thanks for all the ideas!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

By the way - anyone in the uk - if you want anything from the waggers site - let me know - I get discount from them ( they just happen to be one of my customers - handy!)
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki
    TRPD do the most wonderful coats, in all sizes - there are quite a few small sizes at the moment.

They do a raincoat with a sherpa lining which would keep them warm as well.

http://petcraftproject.proboards24.c...ead=1154797850

All monies raised are used in projects to help animals in rescue, so it's very worthwhile...

Other items availabe include training mats {brilliant for cages, chairs, under leaky oldies/poorly puddlers - 2 and 4 legged!!...}; blankets, throws, duvets etc; harnesses and the "I need a home" webbing range, which makes a wonderful gift for rescues...

Please go and have a look, and hopefully do some shopping...your purchases fund all sorts of different projects to help rescues, all money raised is used for this.

http://petcraftproject.proboards24.c...gi?board=sales

the items are under separate headings on this page

The boys on one of the training mats

Nicki, another great photo of your gorgeous boys! They all have coats to die for, especially Tedbear in this one.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)