• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Barkleigh's blog

Pavane

He's coming home on Saturday, the 16th, and we are already so over the moon that he has his own blog.

www.barkleigh.blogspot.com

Bark1.jpg

Oh I can't stand all these gorgeous Puppies, he really is a doll.
I bet you can't wait, how exciting.
Snap away, they grow fast.
Congratulations.

I can't get the blog page to pull up - is that address right - or is it my computer? How cute is he - I see why you are over the moon!

I had the problem too ... delete the period after the ".com" .... then it works. :)

Picking out pup

Had so much fun picking from 2 litters--9 in all, and 2 boys. I was not sent on a certain sex, but had "puppy tests" that were more important. My son studied with Dr. Raymond Coppinger, PhD, Professor of Biology, Hampshire College, author of Dogs, A New Understanding Of Cainine Origin, Behavior and Evolution and picked and raised his lovely Springer Spaniel with his methods. We all had to use the same words for everything--so I have a word list ready to be posted.

These are all gorgeous dogs, but I am worried about the genetic diseases.

Looking forward to the health check by their vet and ours. Just bought some kiddie gates as I realized we have some dangerous spots for a little fellow.

And DAISY looks like our twin. I'll be watching her grow. Maybe some time one of them will cross the pond. So nice that you can get pets in and out of the UK now.

Can't open his blog as the site is down but he's adorable - I love his wet paws - has he been paddling in his water dish I wonder :lol:

Home Sweet Home

Barkleigh's paws were wet because his sister had pooed on his back when we were visiting (at 7 weeks! Siblings! So we washed him in the sink and he was drying in the hot Florida sun. But that was 2 weeks ago. He arrived home on Saturday (at 9 weeks) and has been a busy (very well behaved) boy ever since.

Only problem is his name may be all wrong since e have yet to hear him bark! In fact, he rarely makes a sound. And why should he? He is perfectly content. The 3 giant Norwegian Forest cats are a little perterbed, but Barkleigh is sweet and interested without being pushy, so he'll win him over.

Note: Barkleigh's ear color is identical to our daughter's (all natural) hair color!

PS Both are adopted. One at 9 weeks, one at 12 years from US foster care.

AshBarE.jpg

They are both beautiful- matching hair and matching eyes! What a stunning pair. That's a gorgeous photo. :D

Lisa_T said:
They are both beautiful- matching hair and matching eyes! What a stunning pair. That's a gorgeous photo. :D

Thanks! I didn't even think about the eyes...just take them for granted. I see you are from N. Ireland. Our daughter was offered a scholarship to study there next year. She went to London to do a Shakespeare course this summer and traveled in N. Ireland, Ireland, England, Wales and Scotland. Funnily enough, she loved Scotland the best--but then the weather was the best. She's a Florida kid, but we figure she has Irish in her somewhere!

Pictures Galore!

My husband is a filmmaker and some are from video turned into stills. You can pixk the perfect frame that way, necessary when normally placid Barkleigh goes into "monster mode" and frolicks happpily.

BarkAtom.jpg

HiPops.jpg

BigStick.jpg

FastTurn.jpg

HeyBuddy.jpg

BopYou.jpg

Those are so cute!! I love that first one. What a doll baby. And getting put in his place by the kitty...too funny!!

OMG he's delicious but PLEASE watch his eyes with the cat :yikes I cringed when I saw that last pic as Maxx almost lost an eye to a cat :(

Our cat did get Jake in the eye. She scratched his cornea...necessitating a trip to the ER vet since, of course, it was a Saturday evening. Everyone thought he would have learned his lesson...nope, he wanted nothing more than to play with her.

cats and dogs

Pounce, the cat, just raised a paw in warning--claws retracted. He actually likes Barkleigh more than he admits--especially since Barkleigh lets him share his food. It is so cute to see those two heads together.

Barkleigh is sooooo cute!!! Congratulations! Looks like he's got great lines behind him, too. The Pascavale dogs are lovely. :)

rory said:
Barkleigh is sooooo cute!!! Congratulations! Looks like he's got great lines behind him, too. The Pascavale dogs are lovely. :)

I don't know much about genetics. I'd love to learn more about this line of dogs. (We are neutering Barkleigh, but it will be good to know for health reasons.)

Back