Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barkleigh's blog

Post Thanks / Like

Default Home Sweet Home

Barkleigh's paws were wet because his sister had pooed on his back when we were visiting (at 7 weeks! Siblings! So we washed him in the sink and he was drying in the hot Florida sun. But that was 2 weeks ago. He arrived home on Saturday (at 9 weeks) and has been a busy (very well behaved) boy ever since.

Only problem is his name may be all wrong since e have yet to hear him bark! In fact, he rarely makes a sound. And why should he? He is perfectly content. The 3 giant Norwegian Forest cats are a little perterbed, but Barkleigh is sweet and interested without being pushy, so he'll win him over.

Note: Barkleigh's ear color is identical to our daughter's (all natural) hair color!

PS Both are adopted. One at 9 weeks, one at 12 years from US foster care.

Post Thanks / Like

They are both beautiful- matching hair and matching eyes! What a stunning pair. That's a gorgeous photo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_T
    They are both beautiful- matching hair and matching eyes! What a stunning pair. That's a gorgeous photo.
    Thanks! I didn't even think about the eyes...just take them for granted. I see you are from N. Ireland. Our daughter was offered a scholarship to study there next year. She went to London to do a Shakespeare course this summer and traveled in N. Ireland, Ireland, England, Wales and Scotland. Funnily enough, she loved Scotland the best--but then the weather was the best. She's a Florida kid, but we figure she has Irish in her somewhere!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pictures Galore!

My husband is a filmmaker and some are from video turned into stills. You can pixk the perfect frame that way, necessary when normally placid Barkleigh goes into "monster mode" and frolicks happpily.

Post Thanks / Like

Those are so cute!! I love that first one. What a doll baby. And getting put in his place by the kitty...too funny!!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

OMG he's delicious but PLEASE watch his eyes with the cat I cringed when I saw that last pic as Maxx almost lost an eye to a cat

Post Thanks / Like

Our cat did get Jake in the eye. She scratched his cornea...necessitating a trip to the ER vet since, of course, it was a Saturday evening. Everyone thought he would have learned his lesson...nope, he wanted nothing more than to play with her.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Default cats and dogs

Pounce, the cat, just raised a paw in warning--claws retracted. He actually likes Barkleigh more than he admits--especially since Barkleigh lets him share his food. It is so cute to see those two heads together.

Post Thanks / Like

Barkleigh is sooooo cute!!! Congratulations! Looks like he's got great lines behind him, too. The Pascavale dogs are lovely.
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rory
    Barkleigh is sooooo cute!!! Congratulations! Looks like he's got great lines behind him, too. The Pascavale dogs are lovely.
    I don't know much about genetics. I'd love to learn more about this line of dogs. (We are neutering Barkleigh, but it will be good to know for health reasons.)