• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

feeling sad

Harry & Heidi's mom

:( harry is in kennels, and i'm missing him like mad.
I keep thinking about what is going through his head, will he think i've abandonded him??
We go on holiday in the morning and i'm really going to miss him,
I rang them twice today, he's ate both of his meals so he can't be too upset cos he wouldn't have ate them.

Heather

Don't worry about him and enjoy your holiday! He'll be safe and absolutely fine. I'm sure he'll be unsettled but cavaliers get on so well with other people an animals that he'll be kept busy until you come to get him :) If there was ever a dog you could leave with other people it's a cavalier.

How true! I had to leave Holly with her breeders for a week and she had a great time sleeping with her fellow cavs (furry basket? what furry basket..??) and torturing the poor GSDs by trying to play with them.. :D :D I've also left her with my parents, my grandmother, and a friend on a regular basis and she's always a happy bunny.

Awwww Heather, you cruel, wicked and meanie Mamma you - you know Harry wanted to come and stay with Maxx and Charlie ;) :lol:

I'm sure he'll be absolutely fine. Now stop worrying and go and have a wonderful holiday - you deserve it xxxxx

How awful donna :lol:

i hope he'll be fine, i've left harry with a t-shirt that i've worn to bed for the past week, so he'll still be able to smell me icon_whistling icon_whistling

hope he's ok

I am sure Harry will enjoy himself.... wonder what he will get up to. Enjoy yourself.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :sl*p:

MY HUSBAND SAID HE MUST HAVE THE SYNDROME TOO BECAUSE HE SEES THE FLIES ALSO :badgrin:

Harry's mom said:
:( harry is in kennels, and i'm missing him like mad.
I keep thinking about what is going through his head, will he think i've abandonded him??
We go on holiday in the morning and i'm really going to miss him,
I rang them twice today, he's ate both of his meals so he can't be too upset cos he wouldn't have ate them.

Heather

I always feel that way when I leave my cavvies at the kennel, too! Mine were just in the kennel for 13 days while I was on holiday. When we returned to pick them up, we peeked in at them (they did not know we were there) and they were having a great time watching all the activity around them! They were very happy to be reunited with us, but they really did not look unhappy at all when I spied on them.

Once I read that dogs forget about us after less than an hour or so when we leave. This was a book I read several years ago by a PhD - so I don't know if that information is now outdated. But of course they remember us when we return, thank goodness! :flwr:

Well i'm back (after a 3 hour delay returning!!!)

i rang the kennels 3 times whan i was away, and harry was fine, we don't collect him until tomorrow, can't wait to see him

Hi Donna,

Yes harry is back but he's a little subdued, (like when we first brought him home as a puppy) i think he's just getting used to being back home.
When he was brought out he went mental, jumping all over me and kissing me, he was so happy to see me as i was happy to see him.
its great to have him back, but i still think if we'd had another cav he would have had some company with him..........watch this space! we are on a puppy hunt lol

So glad that you got him back!! :) How old is he now? I love that feeling when you just get back from a long days work or a trip when they are SOOO excited and totally in love with you. :lotsaluv: I can't get enough kisses!! So when are you gonna get another puppy?! :) What color/sex?! I am nosey! :)

Hi

Harry is 1 yr and 6 months old now, he's my baby i felt awful leaving him, but he's ok.
i'm looking for a blenheim male (i like how they go together lol) and we will add another cav when the right one comes along!

Back