Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did they come from

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where did they come from

Are we allowed to say where our little dogs come from or from what lines. I would love to know if anyone in Ireland or elsewhere has a relative of either of my dogs.

Although I got them from the same kennel Gus belonged to the breeders son-in -law and pippin was bred by the lady herself so they are not related in any way.

Post Thanks / Like

We could stick to the really well known names. I bet you that nearly everyone has a Kindrum in their pooch's pedigree!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, i'll go ahead and start since I just had Molly's Pedigree paper out the other day.

My Molly is:

House of Leighton HRH Molly (US)

Parents------>Just Chubby (IRE) & Mooremannor Hero Lass (IRE)

Grandparents------>
    Father's Side: Ballymacad Portwine & My Mollie

Mothers side: Princes-Boy Davey & Paddies Lady

Great Grandparents----->
    Fathers Side: Stairways Bucks Fizz of Ballymacad, Ballymacad Magic Ruby & Redrose Blooms.

Mothers Side: Prince of Monroe & Mary President, Boolabawn Sir Oak & Tessa Dahl

With the exception of Molly's parents who are AKC registered, all of the other names say IKC, does that stand for Irish Kennel Club?

Post Thanks / Like

Should some of the names go back to/be the same as? None of mune do
    I am more worried now that this woman we got him from isn't kosha
    Here's Charlies pedigree (if that's what it is)!!!!
    Sire=Frosty nights
    Dam=Lil Springtime Lady
    Grandparents (Sire side) Sire=Mr Fix It
    Dam=Heavenly Scent
    Grandparents (Dam side) Sire=Fagan Fairies
    Dam=Vanilla Ice
    G.Grandparents Bacardi Blues
    Pandoras box
    Sweet Marshmallows
    Angelica Surprise
    Mercedes Melody
    Geneveve Wave
    Casper Treasures
    Crystal Snowflake

Do you think we've been ripped off?

Post Thanks / Like

Holly's pedigree includes the following affixes: Drumadowney, Lyneka, Turretbank, Rheinvelt, Sorata and a host of others I can't remember off the top of my head.

Little ruby's pedigree is similar on the sire's side (Drumadowney Tinky Winky), and the dam's is mostly Charterwood, but there's lots of Sorata in there too, as well as names I don't recognise- Royal Victoria, for example!

From a showing perspective, both have excellent pedigrees for conformation. From a health perspective, Holly's ancestors are often siblings of dogs in the long lived lists, while a number of the ruby's ancestors are actually named as dogs who made it past five without MVD, so hopefully that bodes well.

I saw the breeder yesterday and he was tremendously impressed with how Holly has developed- said she was a fantastic bitch and it was a shame she'd been spayed as he'd have liked to have gotten a litter off her!

And hands up everyone who has Albert(o)? of Kindrum! I've been reading online pedigrees lately, and the number of dogs who are descended from him are astonishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Gus has a lot of names in his, the ones that appear more often are, Ronnoc,Homerbrent and Chantiz his ancesters all seem to be from great Britain (one of them lived to be over 14 yrs old) including a GB/CH of french desent.

Pippins ancesters are mostly Trenaul and moorfields and they seem to be mostly Irish including a few IR/CH.

Neither of them seem to share any ancestery at all but they are still BROTHERS in every sense of the word.

Post Thanks / Like

I am listing only the kennels that are shown frequently on my dogs' pedigrees.

Luke & Jolly - River Oak, Turretbank, Sheeba, Lymrey

Pippin & Merry - Rosjestin, Kenmillone, Turretbank, Leelyn, Downsbank, Korraines, Gayela, Oakhaven
    Charleen and Cav's: Pippin (ruby male), Merry (b&t female), Luke (blenheim male) & Jolly (tri male puppy)

Post Thanks / Like

Just found out when checking online that Gus's great grandfather is pippins great ,great, great grandfather! I told them but they don't seem too excited Gus is trying to get ham down from the worktop and Pippin is going asleep. I think its great...... I need to get out more

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Both mine have heronbank, rheinvelt, granasil and homerbrent as names in their pedigrees.

I don't think we should go ito too much detail like Lisa says as I think its against board rules to say exact breeders.
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

Busta has Homerbrent in his line - will bring their certificates in and list them all though.