• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What breed of dog are you?

Oh, dear!
I'm a Shepherd.
Not sure about that, as one bit Jessie the other day.
Hmmmmm! :roll:

I'm a Bernese. Take a look, what do you think?!!!! The longer I look, the more I see similarities. :shock:

244492441_cd0cdbb384_m.jpg

244492440_25e3a948d8_m.jpg

I am a Spaniel suppose its as close as you can get to a king charles - just like my babies!!!

Maria Bailey and Lily

I am a bernese too!! LOL I suppose it's better than some others. ;) Bernese are pretty and fun so I guess it's all good ;)

that's weird! i get different every time!!! about 6 months ago i did the test and got a "PuG"...i decided 2 try it again agen and got a retriever!....well guess im changing ;)

After all the dog questions, they kept asking me all these marketing questions and they asked for my name and address and phone number, which i wasn't really comfortable with but i put it down, then there was a thing where you click submit or you click skip, and i wasn't sure what they were referring to. i clicked skip and they took me to a page where they were asking even more marketing questions. :x First they were asking what kind of music i liked and what free CD i wanted, and this was taking a long time just to find out what kind of dog i am. then, after i clicked skip, they started asking me what brand of cigarettes i liked :x i quit smoking 23 years ago. So, i tried hitting the back button to get back to where i clicked Skip, so i could try Submit instead, but it wouldn't let me get back, just kept asking me what kind of cigarettes i liked. where did i go wrong??

judy said:
After all the dog questions, they kept asking me all these marketing questions and they asked for my name and address and phone number, which i wasn't really comfortable with but i put it down, then there was a thing where you click submit or you click skip, and i wasn't sure what they were referring to. i clicked skip and they took me to a page where they were asking even more marketing questions. :x First they were asking what kind of music i liked and what free CD i wanted, and this was taking a long time just to find out what kind of dog i am. then, after i clicked skip, they started asking me what brand of cigarettes i liked :x i quit smoking 23 years ago. So, i tried hitting the back button to get back to where i clicked Skip, so i could try Submit instead, but it wouldn't let me get back, just kept asking me what kind of cigarettes i liked. where did i go wrong??
When I got to the marketing stuff, I unclicked all choices and bypassed everything I could. They got a fake name, a fake hotmail address, and my old mailing address from before I moved, and I skipped whatever I could! I considered back pedaling out of it, but really wanted to find out what kind of dog I was. I wonder how many cookies got updated while I was doing this?! Never again! :roll:

i just tried it again and got pretty much the same thing. I was determined to get through, but this time i didn't fill in my name and stuff, i just kept clicking Skip, but finally it took me to this "Your Daily Specials" and some boxes were checked for different products. So i unchecked all the boxes and clicked Continue, but it was like an endless feedback loop, it kept bringing me back to "Your Daily Specials" with boxes checked next to various products. So then, finally, defeated, i unchecked all but one box, i left a box next to HP Products checked, i just got a new HP all in one so maybe it would be ok to get offers on print cartridges. But then they started asking me more questions, "do you want this or that?" and all this time is going by adn i just want to do the dog breed thing, and i gave up hope that it was ever going to happen. what am i doing wrong???

Oh I had to wade through gobs of marketing stuff trying to get to the end. I'm a little concerned about adware and other malware, so would not recommend doing this! My husband would be unhappy to know I took this test since we just paid someone $200 to totally clean up our laptop! :sl*p:

Ohhhh, WOW!!! I am a Spaniel too. :)

I guess owners really do start to take after their dogs. :lol:

I did this test about 3 years ago and I was a pug.

Sounds like Lucky and I will be very happy together. cl*p

BTW ... I joined this website a long time ago (haven't been there recently). It was a dating site at one point (like Match.com or Udate in the UK) and I think they sold that division. The tests were how they hooked people in back in the day. I find the ads annoying too, but I think that is what they do to get revenue to support their site. I am pretty sure they don't actually download any malware to your computer and you can just say no to the offers. (that said, I can't promise either, but I have the same concerns myself and felt okay filling out the "test" and getting the answer)

hmmm. cathy you inspired me, i was going to try using all fake stuff. I was in the process of filling out the forms and i clicked on "submit" and then my eyes fell on some words at the bottom of the screen, "By clicking this button, i consent to the use of my IP address by this advertizer." :yikes :yikes :yikes :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :x :x :x :yikes :yikes :yikes It was too late to cancel it.

:crash: :swear: :bang:

then i closed out of it. geez, it goes on and on and on and on. I give up. I might do it on my work computer next week. icon_whistling They have some kind of spam filter. Still, i might get in trouble... oh well. I already know what breed of dog i am anyway, a mutt, and happy to be. I have cavalier and sheltie in me among other things. Heinz 57. :d*g:

Lani said:
...I am pretty sure they don't actually download any malware to your computer and you can just say no to the offers. (that said, I can't promise either, but I have the same concerns myself and felt okay filling out the "test" and getting the answer)

I was willing to take the risk too and wouldve done it, but i tried three times and never could get past all the marketing questionaires. I was willing to persist and get through them, but for some reason they kept giving me new ones and i kind of got lost, it didn't feel like was in the dog breed thing anymore. There was no indication that i was still "waiting for my results to download" or anything to connect to the original purpose of the whole thing. They basically just spread my IP address around to a bunch of, in my opinion, people who are a kind of crook who have no respect for anyone, who just see people as dollar signs and statistics who make my email experience difficult and unpleasant. Don't let me get started here. Actually my spam has been so much better lately because i've used a lot of discipline and vigilance to avoid attracting it.

Back