• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

long legs

angie

do any of you cav owners have cavs that have really long legs? jadan has and a few people have commented on them. i have noticed they are longer than most but put it down to him not having his adult fur to cover them up yet. :flwr:

Corgan's legs are pretty long too, but they say that is because he was neutered so young. In your case, it may be because he's going through one of those awkward growth phases where he's growing tall but not filling out just yet. How old is Jaden?

Many pups go through an awkward stage (like children)-- they can seem disproportionate-- How many people had sons that one day seem to sprout long legs?? Luckily, the rest of the body often catches up.

jadan is now six and half months. hes a bit skinny because of his eating habits, that are hopefully under control. but boy are those legs long. maybe your right and he will grow into them. just a thought. it couldnt be through too much exercise could it. he goes on two short walks a day, about 15 mins, just round the field and back and then a good half hour romp on the golf course.

Angie, don't panic - he's going through his gangly teenage phase! Give him a few more months and he'll have grown into his legs LOL

His coat will also thicken out and he'll look less 'horse like' :flwr:

thanks for the comforting words. just noticed your charlie is the spit of jadan and he looks like he has long legs like jay in your picture :roll: :p

He has got quite long legs but now that he's got a bit older, his feathering has grown and when he walks they don't look too long for his body :lol:

When we first got him I thought he was a very strange looking Cavalier indeed!

i cant wait for jadans feathering...well i can because he wont be a pup any more, but still....i spend ages on his tail trying to feather it out and then it just goes round again :roll: :roll:

Duncan was the same as a puppy long legs and VERY long tail. When he was about 6 months old we measured the tail of a grown cav and then Duncan's The result - adult cav 8 1/4", Duncan 8"

Now at 18 months he has grown in to both his legs and his tail

Back