Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: car harness!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't know if they have something similar in Belfast, but my sister got this for her dog and when I was driving him somewhere on my own I used it - it works as a backpack, rolling pet carrier, or carseat:

http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.as...amilyID=11611&

She doesn't drive because she lives in the city so she's hinted that she might be giving it to me for Lucky so I can use it in the car as a car seat. ...
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

That looks interesting- but is it large enough to carry an adult cav? Not that Holly's very big anyway! I have to admit I like that. I looks so versatile. Can be the dog be secured in though, or is it just sitting there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There is a clip to secure the dog into the main compartment so he won't be able to get out.

I think there are several sizes ... Lucky's not an adult yet, so I can't really vouch on how it'd be with adult cavaliers. That said, the comparatment is fairly roomy and they also list sizes on the site and I noticed they have one for "larger" dogs.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

[size=6]Please don't forget to be careful - dogs in front seats or sitting on lap in front - if the air bags go off.... [/size]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Merlin is on his second HiCraft harness - (pets at home again!)

The first one was a medium which mum gave me - I had to fold down the padded bit to make it fit. It has the seatbelt material - I thread the seatbelt through with the diagonal bit rather than the across the lap bit - Merlin can move etc and get to the other side of the car with it (once they get used to it they realise they CAN move!)

I 've just bought two new ones so the boys can match! I have bought size small - there is still plenty of room for growth.

They have the harnesses in my other half's car because although he has an estate - the dining equipment takes up the boot space.

In my car, they will have the boot with a guard. I always put squishy cushions around the sides and back in case I have to slam on - at least then they have a bit of protection as well.
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

OMG Claire, that had slipped my mind totally..... thank you for thinking about that one....

Thank heavens mine go in the boot.

And Donna, your Maxx and Charlie sit in the back with their safety belts on like little such good boyzzzz xx

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Post Thanks / Like

With 4 dogs, we use 2 Vari=Kennels (crates) and put 2 dogs in each crate. And away we go!
    Molly and Murphy (tri), Katie (ruby), Casey (B/T),Spike the wonder pup (tri), Suzie (tri) and Penny (blen)

Post Thanks / Like

I use a seatbelt harness with Brodie. Works quite well for us. I have found that the harness that requires the actual seatbelt to be looped through it actually frightens Brodie. I prefer the harness with a d-ring and a seperate segment which has a clip on one end and the silver piece that slips into the buckle itself on the other end. You can start out with that segment being long (it is adjustible) until they are comfortable with it and then shorten it to increase the safety aspect later on.

I also have a travel bed...it's actually a small cat bed (shhh....don't tell Brodie). This makes it his little place in the car - whether in the front seat or the back
    Lynn
    Mom to Brodie (M Black and Tan) and Rescue Kitty Gonzolas

Gillian Guest

The harness and seatbelt that I have for Abby , actually clips into the regular seatbelt thingy.Seems to work quite well.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll probably give the harness another try, but it sounds like I have a weird one, though it looks really strong. Bah.