• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Indestructible toys?

duncans_ma

My favorite (yet frustrating) toy disclaimer: "Not indestructible."

To describe Duncan as a voracious chewer would be an understatement. There is not a toy in the toy shop that my puppy can't tear to bits in a matter of days and sometimes minutes. :?

We are fortunate that his chewing is directed appropriately at toys and not shoes, clothes, etc. (Or maybe my husband and I are just better at picking up after ourselves since puppyhood) And he hasn't bothered the corners of funrniture since he was about 8 months or so (thank god for bitter apple spray)

All of that being said, does anyone know of any good toys that are at least nearly indestructible?

Hi Ashley!
Although I'm new to the dog world, I think kongs are supposed to be almost indestructible. That's the only toy my puppy hasn't chewed up yet! :roll: Good luck! :flwr:

Perhaps I should list what we have:

Kong (lasting but beginning to show some wear and tear)
Air Dog Rings, Etc...lasting but missing tennis ball covering
Nylabones - don't stand a chance
Loofa Dogs - Ears pulled off immediatly
Faceless Man - surprisingly making it with only a few holes sewed up.

lol don't even try those indestructable nylon coated toys. Those didn't stand a chance with Kosmo. The only things that I can leave him with are rubber. ANything other than that is a write off. I do give him rawhides, bullys, and boodas under supervision though. ;) Those are about the only things that last over 24 hours. Well the boodas don't last much over that.. but I usually rotate rawhides for Kos because I've got a chewer too!!

Duncan, meet Casey affectionately known as Jaws. The only thing that lasts almost a week for Casey is bully tails which someone on this board thankfully recommended to me. You can buy them on ebay.

There are some cool cubes and things that dispense kibble or goodies when the dog rolls them. I have 2, a ball and a sort of molecule looking shape. Anyway they are both made of a really hard plastic and Riley loves them! When the kibble is all gone he just pushes and chases them around growling and biting at them. :lol: He can pick them up too, but he cannot chew them up. He is quite the destroyer as well with the chewing, but these toys he loves and can't destroy. It has worked for us.
Sounds like you already have some pretty sturdy toys for Duncan, maybe these are worth a try? Good luck! :)

If you go to a search engine and type in indestructible dog toys it comes up with some good companies, alway have a look on Kong, there is an extreme kong which looks like it could with hold a good old chew......one Rotty sites advises go kart tyres which are just rubber with new steel wiring, etc. but I am not really sure on the safety of them.

http://www.kongcompany.com/worlds_best.html

I find smoked pigs ears last a while. But as for toys kongs are probably the best or nylabones. My Goldies havent managed to get through them yet. Jeremy has just started chewing so we will see.

Back