• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hydrocephalus

I've been reading and thinking about you and Rio. So glad things turned out well for her. :flwr: That is wonderful news!!

Fantastic! I was devastated that you could have been facing something so serious with such a young puppy...Brilliant that it wasn't anything major, and that treatment has already returned some of Rio's bounce!

What wonderfully super news!! You have been on my mind so much the past few days. Isn't it great to have her back home and feeling better?! Hip hip hooray!!

Hello Cicily,

I was always going to ask what happened to Iggy but I never did because I am too much of a weiner and I didn't want to bring back old memories had they been bad. :( I am really sorry to hear what happened to all of them. The 3 pugs (and granny's too!) all ended up getting ran over. :( 2 of them in their own driveway. :( Other than them I've had countless animals over the years and we lived in a fenced in yard! I know it doesn't make it any easier, but I feel your grief. :(

I am very happy to hear that Rio is going to be alright. My heart just breaks when I hear there is something wrong with any of our fur babies. :( Good thing what she has is not hydrocephalus or a liver shunt and it's completely treatable, that makes it a little easier to grasp! And also bless you for having the strength to make the right decision and keep her in the hospital an extra night!! Take care and I am happy for you!! :)

All my family here have been kept up to date on Rio and we are all so glad it turned out well for you and her :flwr:

We both feel very lucky to have had so many people thinking of us :thnx:

Rio was almost 100% back to normal today, personality wise. She even yipped a bit when she got excited (we had visitors) and is back chewing, although she can still only open her mouth a fraction. She has bundles of energy and despite the fact that her belly is 3 times bigger than everything else (bloated from steroids) she is moving FAST around the place.

So thanks for the thoughts everyone!! I'm sure the positivity helped :D :D

This is such great news that Rio is doing well. I know you must be so relieved.
J.

Back