• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Any ideas???

estelle

Charlie's taken really well to going to wee on his training mats :D but won't do his big jobs on there icon_nwunsure
Any ideas why?????????

Maybe they're not big enough to circle on? I don't think Holly was too good doing the big jobbies on a single wee wee pad (though she'd be fine if I put two down, next to each other), but I can't remember. Oh well- I'll be reminded soon enough :yikes

you may do this already, but we watch Lucky like a hawk and give him a treat whenever he does one. And if we see him in the position to do his big jobs we move him over to the pad.

He gets praised like crazy and also gets cheese when he's a good boy and it is the only time he gets a little bit of cheese, so he seems to have caught on that pooing on the pad = cheese. cl*p

Also, I think in the beginning we might have also moved some of his poo onto the pad (smelly as that might be ...) to also help him get the idea.

Good Luck.

It wouldn't be so bad if he picked 1 place to poo but he seems to go anywhere :yikes We've tried moving him onto the pad when he looks like he's gonna go but he stops and then holds it (and this can be for quite a while)! then when we're not looking he does it :sl*p:
When we first got him he was doing them on the pad but he seems to have lost the plot just lately :roll:
If only we could just get him to go on the pad we could then bribe him with the cheese ;)
Oh well at least we can actually see where he's been, it could be worse with puddles everywhere that you can't see until you've stood in them :shock:

In bare feet. Or worse, soft slippers. I have moccasins. I am gonna spend £3 or so on a cheap pair with good washable rubber soles!

He's been ill, hasn't he? Maybe that's confused him...

Ifound with my cavaliers and huskie that if I put newspaper down as well they would then go on them hope this helps :)
Heather cassie belle and lightening

How old is little Charlie? If he is still very little, I would put newspaper down over a large area. Then gradually over the coming weeks make it a little smaller until it's eventually just one paper. You could still put the wee pad on the paper and praise him when he goes on it.

I'm thinking that maybe he's getting confused when he gets into big jobbies position, and you move him right then. He may think you don't want him to do it. :flwr:

Karlin has suggested on one of the other threads ( I don't know who to insert it -sorry) the book by Shirley ??? - how to housebreak your dog in 7 days.

I just bought it from amazon marketplace - new for £1.65! Its got some good ideas for routines etc for potty training problems.

Back