• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppy names!

Lisa_T

OK, I'm trying to think of a name for my pup.

My current possibilities are
Gem/Gemma
Pippa
Kira/ Kara

I'd also love something that means flame/fire/ruby/red- you get the idea, but NOT Ginger. And 'Ruby' is a no because I find R sounds awkward at the beginning of a word. Same problem with S, Sh/Ch, and D sounds. T I can cope with. In fact, no 's' at all! :D Other languages, nicknames etc are fine.

Anyone think of names that sound suitably doggy that fit those parameters?

is it a girl puppy or boy? (I'm thinking girl but want to confirm).

A few names I had in mind for Lucky:

Copper
Penny
Pumpkin Spice

Just ideas but they do reference the color.

Good luck. Isn't it fun naming a new baby!!!??? :lotsaluv:

They are all lovely names. :D

The only suggestion I can think of is Rua, which is red-haired in Irish. My friends cat is called rua and is lovely! Sorry that's not much help though...

I know you don't want any names that start with a "S" but if my darling little Ruby Male had been a Female I would of definetely called her

"SASSY"

Just so fitting for the red headed personality. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

In the meantime I will see what else I come up with.

Flint - quartz that produces a spark of fire when struck by steel

Tandie - from the Old Norse term "tandr", meaning "fire."

Aideen (Aiden) - Little fire, Celtic/Gaelic

Nuria - God's Fire, Hebrew

My personal favorite :D :
Keegan - Small and fiery, bright flame Celtic/Gaelic (pronounced key-gan)

Holly - b/c the plant has red berries

Claret - a red wine

Hannah - no reason - I just like it!!!

kdemars they are great names! :D
Am keeping them on file in case I ever get a ruby.

Like the claret one.
Am having a glass of shiraz at the moment... (stressful day!)
might add that one to my list!

Actually, I like the idea of an Irish name. I saw Aithne/eithne (sp) as meaning 'fiery', i think, but pronunciation???

On the list so far I like

Penny
Claret
Tandie

Holly- already got one! :D One friend suggested naming the pupply 'Ivy' hummmm :roll: Always makes me think of 'poison Ivy' from Coronation Street!

Also have

Aba which means 'born on Thursday' in some lingo- forget which. The pup was, and it could be abbreviated (!) as Abbie..

Keep 'em coming!

Fiera (means fire)
Calley
Mckenzie
Reilly
Derry (means redhead)
Kerry
Flynn
Katie
Tara
Shannon

This was the list we worked up when we were getting our ruby female. You can see which one we went with (we call her Katie Scarlett alot like the Gone With the Wind character). The right name will hit you when she comes home!

*g* I found Derry OK, but thought maybe not... it sounds more like a dog name than a bitch name, and it does kind of have political connotations- Londonderry as opposed to Derry. I live in a very staunch Unionist area :yikes so Derry might be a bit risky....

Funnily enough, I did think of Katie Scarlett and Garnet! We'll see. 'Course, I told the breeders I was thinking of Gemma, so if her microchip has been registered as Gemma, I guess I'll stick with that. Tho 'Gemma Scarlett' has quite a ring to it...

I was going to suggest Scarlet, but y'all beat me to the punch!

I still like Fergie for a redhead, I know a little ruby agility girl named Fergie. :flwr:

I think Honey and Amber are also sweet girl puppy names and they goes nicely with the red color as well.

I like Honey and Amber too, actually. Honey could be too much like 'Holly' though...

Love calling the pup Fergie. Call her the Duchess of York with Fergie for short. Let's hope she's not as naughty! :lol: :lol: :lol: Gotta keep that one in mind...

I'm seeing my pup again this evening. Hopefully the name will resolve somewhat :shock: :lol:

Back