Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Cavalier rescues at our house

Post Thanks / Like

Default Two Cavalier rescues at our house

I would like to introduce two temporary additions to our clan, Sergio (boy) and Honey (girl). Sergio is the one laying down and Honey is the one sitting behind Sergio.

They came to us today after some time at the vet for spay & neuter, shots, worming, etc., etc. They came from a mill up north of here and are still understandably shy. I'm quite sure they will come around. Initially we thought that Honey might be pregnant, but thankfully she was not.

If anyone is interested in either (or both!) of these guys, go to CKCSC.org and fill out an application. Kris is the rescue coordinator for Minnesota and will be looking at applications. I'll keep you informed of their progress.
    Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They are lovely, so kind of you and Kris to take them in. I'm sure they will have forever homes in a very short time! Are you wanting to adopt them out together?

I wish I could, but we've got our hands full!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce,

they wil come around believe me! my two puppy farm rescues Annie and Honey transformed into lovely outgoing, happy girls within a few months...

it just takes time, patience and warmth from the heart, they soon pick up they they are secure and wanted....it happens day by day...

Thank you both for taking them, lets hope they get wonderful homes to help mend the emotional wounds that they are sure to have.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Moon
    They are lovely, so kind of you and Kris to take them in. I'm sure they will have forever homes in a very short time! Are you wanting to adopt them out together?

I wish I could, but we've got our hands full!
    Thanks for the kind words.

We aren't necessarily looking to adopt them out together. They are beautiful dogs and will need a lot of love and attention. I'm quite sure they will come around. I honestly wish we could keep them to avoid our home as yet another temporary stop, but it's just not possible.
    Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce and Kris - I am sure you were dog angels in another life, so glad that you are providing a loving and happy home for these two.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck little ones Aileen

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce,

How wonderful of you two to be so kind and generous in offering your home to these beautiful babies. If I were near MN I would take at least one of them. Kosmo desperately needs a friend.

I have faith that you and Kris will find someone to look after them and give them a wonderful forever home.

Take care!
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

Lemme see, airfare from MN to Ca a gazillion dollars

2X dog food and expenses pricy

having another Cav, especially one who is homeless Priceless.
    Incredibly proud mom to Toby, my baby, and the amazing 8 year old Max who has found his forever home.

Post Thanks / Like

Well this weekend we are going to try introducing our dogs, one at a time, to Honey and Sergio.

So far we have kept H and S in their crates in our living room while the other dogs are out, then crate the other dogs while H and S are out. Our clan sniffs them through the crate and have shown no signs of aggression. We also had them on our laps last nite while three of the others were in the house and everyone was just fine; except ours wanted to be in our lap too. This weekend they will be down on the floor to see how they and our dogs react.

We'll start this with our more mellow dogs. Wish us luck!
    Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

fingers and paws are crossed! We're hoping for luv and peace between all the cavvies!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)