Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We're having a puppy! Insurance?

Post Thanks / Like

you have nothing to worry about - Kosmo was 4lbs almost at 3 months and even though he's a little small, he's still energetic as ever and kickin!! Take care!
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

How incredibly exciting for your parents. Can't wait to see pictures!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alison_Leighfield
    I know you are across the pond from us here in the U.K but try and get lifelong CONDITION cover, that way the condition will be covered for the life time not just untill the allocated money has been used up...can you get this sort of cover where you are?

Alison, Wilts, U.K.
    Alison, i would love to find that kind of coverage. I dont' know of any but if i do hear of such a policy, i'll get it.

The PetCare highest level of coverage, as kdemars said, is $6000 per illness category, 12 categories, so that would be $6000 for all cardiac treatment for example, or $6000 for all neurological treatment, those would be two separate categories. $6000 for all immunological treatment, and so forth.

Sara got a plan called vet insurance which currently is not available in the US, it's Canadian--it offers $15,000 lifetime benefits, it covers hereditary conditions, and you use the $15,000 for whatever you choose, coverage is 90% (no deductible but there's a $25 a day hospital fee and you have to pay the exam fee for doctor visits, plus your 10% copayment)--they say if, in the very unlikely event you use up the whole $15,000, you can then cancel your enrollment and re-enroll, so you will start out with a new $15,000. However, they don't cover pre-existing conditions, so if you disenroll and re-enroll, i don't think they would cover the conditions your dog has already been treated for, so i don't know how useful that is. The premium for this is $32. i am interested in hearing feedback from people who have filed claims, i'd like to hear about how they handle claims.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny how the cover changes worldwide.

My policy is £11.11 a month with no excess for Whitney. It gives me life long CONDITION cover allowing me to spend £7000 per year on each and every illness...LIFELONG...year after year after year, covering everything even SM and MVD, it also covers me for boarding kennels if I'm in hospital, lost/found reward money, special diet allowance and tons more which I will never use.

Marks and Spencers is an excellent company in the U.K. for this cover. When taking cover out on-line we also got a 5% discount for the first year as well.

Pinnicle insurance are also very good, same excellent cover, but there is a £50 excess and a contribution needed from the policy holder of 15% for every claim. They do a multi pet discount of a month free for each animal when you insure more than one.

Both companies insure rescues and dogs up to 8 years old on their first policy application, so as long as you get them in by 8yrs the cover will be life long.

Also both companies allow you to spread the cost over 12 months by Direct Debit with no interest charges!

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alison_Leighfield
    So lovely to read your news,

send them all my love for taking this little one in, they will be so richly rewarded, give him a huge welcome hug from me here U.K.

any pics for us?

Alison, Wilts, U.K.
    DITTO

Congats to your parents on their new arrival!
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

Parents decided to name him Merlin, but he's universally known as "The Puppy"

Post Thanks / Like

What a little cutey..... ahhhh

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Another Merlin!! ( I think thats just 2 on this board)
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

I know this is off topic, but I love that exhausted look your dog has in the second picture - like the baby has kept him up ALL NIGHT and he is just now getting some rest!
    Kendra
    Mommy to Cupcake and Nila & Auntie to Nacho

Post Thanks / Like

soooo cute! what a sweet beautiful boy. nice pictures.