Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We're having a puppy! Insurance?

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Alison, this sounds too good to be true, I'm just getting an online quote now. If I can get it as cheap as that I'm definately going for M&S.... I put in my details but as you know I don't have my pup till December so for the quote I put in todays date as it won't work if I put in December and I said my dog was 3 months old and I got quoted £19.88 a month if I chose no excess.

Post Thanks / Like

Misha at 10, is exceedingly tolerant of other dogs and puppies in his territories. From the photo, you can tell that he isn't too thrilled about this little newcomer! But he usually makes lemonade from lemons, always the optomistic lad. After all, he can steal all that puppy food when nobody's paying attention

Post Thanks / Like

We are with Sainsburys which is life cover 6,000 per condition, costs about 18-22 per dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Alison I have similar coverage with Allianz (PetPlan) in Ireland -- for you Irish folks, the cost is similar, a bit more that Alison's quote.

To my knowledge PetCare is the ONLY US insurer who covers genetic conditions such as MVD and suringomyelia -- be aware that some coverers will NOT cover for MVD and as this is the most likely condition any of us will need to treat -- be sure to check that with the insurer.

I am going to have Lucy (my mom's cavalier) go on PetCare in the US.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com