Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ironic name

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ironic name

I've had Barkeigh for a wonderful week. He learns new things daily and is doing brilliantly. He'll be 10 weeks tomorrow. But...I may have given him the wrong name. He has yet to bark. In fact, he is almost mute! He hears great and he can speak. He whimpers a teeny bit when he wants out of his crate early in the morning for the big pee of the day. And he has yelped once or twice when he has gotten under foot and been pinched by big feet (a real problem since he's a silent shadow). But never a woof or growl--even when playing. Is this typical of the breed or is this guy just the strong and silent type?

New Cav Mum

Post Thanks / Like

How old is he Aileen

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lucky only barks when playing with my sister's dog. I'm hoping it stays that way.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

Jack only ever barks when playing with his Golden Retriever sister or when we are watching The Dog Whisperer on the National Geographic Channel. I think he is telling the "bad" dogs to behave.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Baby Barkleigh

He's only 10 weeks old. And I think The Dog Whisperer is a sadist. Is that politically incorrect?

Post Thanks / Like

He will bark when he is older Aileen

Post Thanks / Like

Brodie didn't bark when we first got him (he was 4 months old). He sure has made up for it in the long run though I think it is a confidence/territorial thing...which takes time for them to develop. Brodie loves to bark while at our house when he hears the neighborhood dogs barking...but when I walk him not a peep once we leave our yard. The neighbors dogs will go crazy as we walk by but Brodie doesn't make a peep.
    Lynn
    Mom to Brodie (M Black and Tan) and Rescue Kitty Gonzolas

Post Thanks / Like

Holly's the same. It took quite some time before she started barking. Now, she barks at the door and the phone to alert me- but I've essentially trained her to do that. She'll bark territorially in any of the houses she considers 'hers'- uh, about three. She bark when she wants something- and that's it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Baby Barkleigh

Quote Originally Posted by Pavane
    He's only 10 weeks old. And I think The Dog Whisperer is a sadist. Is that politically incorrect?
    Everyone has their own opinions of him. I get all the dog magazines, and none of the professional trainers I've read have a good opinion of him. I've never seen him, so I guess you could say I'm neutral.
    (EDITED: I just read an article about him and disagree with his methods! )

We never heard India bark until we got Geordie!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful what you wish for. My mom's dog didn't bark for about two weeks (he was a rescue from the local shelter). Now you can't shut him up. Of my two cavaliers, Monty is the big mouth...he is always barking. Gem usually only barks when she has a reason.
    J.