Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ironic name

Post Thanks / Like

It will come....enjoy the peace!

I waited for a long while before I got a bark and then it came, the lovely Woo, Wooo, Wooooooo! ... always makes me smile

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Post Thanks / Like

Rio barks occassionally when we're playing with her (she's almost 12 weeks), but Aggie didn't bark at all hardly when we had her. Once when she saw horses and was about 6 months old. Frightened the life out of us when we did hear it

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Julie J
    Jack only ever barks when playing with his Golden Retriever sister or when we are watching The Dog Whisperer on the National Geographic Channel. I think he is telling the "bad" dogs to behave.
    Thats so sweet! I imagine thats what Merlin is doing when he jumps at the TV when the horse racing is on - he must be telling them to run faster!!!

The only time he really barks is when you are playing a game with him and he's excited or if someone dares to walk past the front window with a dog he doesn't know!
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

Maxx isn't a barker either. We'll occasionally get a wu wu wuff when an animal appears on tv (he runs straight past it, into the garden looking for them ), if he sees the squirrel in the garden he will go demented and try and put the patio doors through whilst barking like a beast from hell - he really detests the squirrel - I think it's because I kept finding holes in the garden and thought he was doing it so he was getting the blame

He doesn't even bark when someone comes to the door, he just runs and waits in the hall, wagging his tail - don't you know that everyone comes to the house to see HIM!!!!!!

Charlie on the other hand is a barker - the kids call him 'chops ache' as he barks at everything! If he wants something he barks, someone comes to the door he barks, dog over the back barks - he looks at me and says grrrrrrrr and then thinks better of it as he knows he'll get told 'QUIET!'

Actually, he's a lot better now than he was. I don't mind him barking whilst playing etc and in the house but I don't let him bark in the garden as the dog over the back barks enough for the whole neighbourhood

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, enjoy your peace - they all took a while to grow into their bark... unfortunately Busta's bark is huge...

Post Thanks / Like

My dogs never bark, except in a game, or like you said, when there are dogs on TV. It is the cutest thing to watch theire eyes grow bigger and the ears rise when they hear or see a dog on TV
    But, who is this Dog Wisper? I've never heard of him..
    -Jenný, Ronja, Bono and Nóra

"If you want your dreams to come true, you have to wake up"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dog shouter

He's an "expert" trainer on a US show. Very negative training, IMHO.