• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Chance meeting in Phoenix Park

cecily

Was clearing photos off my phone and came across these ones, that made me smile :) But you need to know the story behind them...

We were bringing Aggie for a walk in the Phoenix Park (she was about 5 months old). We were walking straight up towards the Papal cross and noticed another couple walking a small tricoloured dog over to the side. Because of the long grass we couldn't see very well but guessed it might be another young tricolour cavalier. As luck would have it we all arrived at the papal cross at exactly the same time and we were right. This other couple had a tricolour almost exactly the same size as Aggie!

We got chatting and turned out Aggie and their cavalier, Daisy, were the same age. I said jokingly "You didn't happen to buy her from XX in XX, did you?" It nearly floored me when he said he did. Turns out they were sisters! When I had gone to pick up Aggie both she and Daisy were the only ones left. I had chosen Aggie because she was the livliest. I remember the breeder telling me that someone from Dublin was gettting the last one, but I had first pick! So odd.

They seemed to know each other... Aggie certainly got very excited but then she got excited over everything :) :roll: Do you think your dogs would recognise their litter mates if they saw them again?

Here we are... that's me on the left with Aggie and Daisy and her mum on the right. Notice the way Aggie is pawing Daisy's head 8)
daisy2.jpg

Daisy at the top of picture, Aggie at the bottom with back turned.
daisy3.jpg

Back