• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

what my dog did

matties mum

This morning on our walk Barney pick up a dead bird :yikes He was carrying it quietly hoping that I would not notice what about any body else dogs Aileen

Well, one morning this summer, Chocolate caught a mouse and shook it to death right before my husband's eyes. :shock: She's always on the lookout for birds, and is totally mezmerized by them. :lol:

Some obviously still have the spanial hunting instinct in them !

Good job they all get regular worming.... :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

yuck ! :yuk:

DId you get him to drop it easily? Kosmo tried to get at a dead toad once or twice here. Thank God the flexi lead locks because ours is on lock down 90% of the time due to his adventurous eating habits. :roll:

Yes he did drop it the worst thing he has done is catch a frog and play with it my daughter said it was very funny me running down the garden shouting for him to drop it and then which I did not think very funny he find a baby bird who was just getting its feathers I did get hold and put it back in the nest :) Aileen

:yuk: Yuk, they are such gross beasts sometimes - and we still let them kiss us and sleep on our beds :lol:

jadan got a frog once :yuk: :yuk: he came running along and dropped it at my feet!!!!! :yuk: :yuk: as if i really wanted THAT gift thank you very much :yikes :? :yikes he too is on a lock lead. arent they just the best. though sometimes i wonder if he should just go on a normal one as it always gets retracted to head off any unedables, just like kosmo, he loves to eat things he shouldnt :?

Jeremy was carrying a really large piece of dried horse pooh the other day. It was funny because all you could see was the pooh moving and not the pup behind it.

Our driveway is now miraculously free of dead worms. Ella just loves to eat those little buggers. As much as I try to pick them up - overnight there are always more and Ella has a nose for them.

On a different note - we have a wild kitty that is an excellent hunter and I think he is feeding us because we feed him - or he is protecting us. He leaves birds, squirrels and moles for us regularly. The funniest thing about it is that he will stand by it and make us acknowledge his "kill" before playing or eating. It is cute and gross all at the same time. He is our protector and all we do it give him a pat on the head and some food from time to time (not to mention we cut off his personal parts and gave him a bunch of shots). It is funny the loyalty that pets are capable of. He once fought a rabid fox :yikes because he got to close to my sister and then had to spend the next week on lock down to make sure that he didn't get rabies. Wow I got off the subject there!!! icon_whistling icon_whistling

Kdemars, he is bringing you presents to thank you for looking after him :lol:

When I had cats my two used to try and outdo each other :yikes We used to live in the middle of the countryside surrounded by fields, barns and a stream. Felix once caught this huge rat and was sitting on my windowsill miaowing for all he was worth. I wouldn't have cared so much if the darned thing was dead but it was still very much alive and squealing and twitching :yikes

In the end I phoned my next door neighbour and asked him to go out and thank Felix for the rat so that he'd drop it! He did and the rat escaped back over the fields - no way was I going to open a door or window and let the yukky thing run into the house!

Another thing they'll bring you presents for is an apology - if you ever tell them off they want to get back into the good books so bring you some delightful pressie :yuk:

King is fancinated wit squirrals and chipmunks but knows to leave then alone...But he loves following them as the run up and down the trees...

Kdemars said:
On a different note - we have a wild kitty that is an excellent hunter and I think he is feeding us because we feed him - or he is protecting us. He leaves birds, squirrels and moles for us regularly. The funniest thing about it is that he will stand by it and make us acknowledge his "kill" before playing or eating...

boy, this is something right out of the Discovery Channel or Wild Kingdom. You should have your video camera ready to capture some of this stuff.

we used to have a stray that hung out in our backyard, Charlie. Our living room looks out on the backyard with a big sliding glass picture window. Charlie was a really wise together streetsmart cat, he was very cool and hip, and was the leader of the gang of strays that came around.

One time our always indoor and not at all streetwise cat Fluffy got out and got lost, she was gone all night, we made posters and put them up on the posts around the neighborhood and we went door to door, we cried and prayed, but it didn't seem likely that we'd ever see Fluffy again. but the second night, we looked out the window to the backyard and saw Charlie eating out of the bowl and there was Fluffy with him, he had brought her back.

Anyway, so a couple of times, Charlie was out in the backyard and we noticed he was doing something out there and we saw that he had a mouse and he was playing with it, and it was terrified, he played with it for maybe an hour. He'd capture it, bat it around with his feet, pick it up in his mouth, then let it go, it would run, and he would just watch it run off to the ivy, but then he'd get up and go after it and capture it again. It squealed. It was pretty gruesome. I don't remember him ever actually eating it or tearing it up, it was just psychological torture. I had heard of "playing cat and mouse' before but until then, i never knew exactly what it was.

So far Zack hasn't gotten any nasty things in his mouth. Knock on wood.

Back