• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

September Pool Parties for Dogs

Cathy Moon

I just found out that many of the communities near me have end of summer community swimming pool parties for dog and their owners! Most of them charge $2.00 - $5.00 per dog, and the money goes to shelters, rescues, and dog parks. This all happened on Sept. 9-10, the weekend following labor day, as the pools are closing for the year.

Sounds like it would be a lot of fun! :lol: Has anyone attended a party like this? We totally missed out because we were on vacation at the time.

Wow, that sounds like so much fun. I used to live in Cleveland for quite a years. It would have been great to take them swimming (of course I didn't have a dog then!). I've been trying to look for a place for my puppy to swim when she gets older.

Oh what a good idea and a good way of raising money for a good cause too.

If I lived in a country where having a pool was worthwhile I'd let my dogs in there with me anyway - they make less mess than my kids do :lol:

Maxxs_Mummy said:
If I lived in a country where having a pool was worthwhile I'd let my dogs in there with me anyway - they make less mess than my kids do :lol:
:lol: We used to have a saying, "We don't swim in your toilet, so please don't pee in our pool!" :lol:

King and I attended one @ the begining of the month...wasn't what I expected, but was kinda fun. They had the kiddy pool open for the lil dogs and the adult pool open for the rest... King just liked running around with the of pups, not to much swimming

Our community does the same thing. Dog day at the pool. We haven't been able to attend though...the first year it was too cold and this year we were out of town. Looks like fun. The local tv station did a story on it - lots of dogs with their owners raising money for a good cause. Hopefully we can go next year :xfngr:

Our waterpark closes down with a dog fest. All the dogs are allowed in the water pools, even the wave pool though I don't know if they actually turn the waves on :shock: Doubtful.

I take my little guy to a lake and he loves sniffing around but hates swimming. He tries to jump in to save me though. Very precious.

Cathy

I know someone who went to a end of the year pool party in Sunny
California. They had a great time and the dogs all loved it, they don't do that here in Canada that I know of and I take it you are all referrring to outdoor pools. Yes leave it to me to ask the stupid questions, that is just because we don't have too many outdoor pools in my area.

Linda,

Yes, the pools are outdoors and owned by the cities/suburbs. I'm thinking the weather is a little colder in Toronto than Cleveland, maybe the summer isn't quite long enough to make swimming pools worthwhile?

Glad to hear they had a good time in California! I'm going to try it next September - some of the pool closing parties for dogs also have costume parties and contests :lol: I'm going to try to sew costumes for my pups!!

Back