• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Barking at front door - Why?

estelle

Just today Charlie's been going to the front door and barking :?
this morning when we got up he went to the back door, so I let him out and he went to the toilet (this is the 1st time he's let us know, if that's what he was doing)?. This afternoon he did the same thing, I don't know if it's a coincidence or what?? :?
But now he's going to the front door and just standing there barking, I tried telling him no and bringing him away but he just keeps going back and barking, so I thought maybe he's confused so I took him out to have a little sniff and nosey and then brought him back in. I've had to close the gate in the living room as he just keeps going back there??
He seems a little restless and unable to settle too even though he's had a bath and should be flaked out like usual.

What could he be trying to tell me???? :? :? :? :?

woof woof mommy,

Take me outside for a walkie and a pee pee!

hehe I don't know if that's what he's trying to tell you but even if I had to let kosmo out 1,000 time a day if he was telling me when he had to go pee I would definately let him out those 1000 times!! And if he didn't pee, oh well, it's just a breath of fresh air, right? :)

Take care! :flwr:

I know what you mean :lol:
I wouldn't mind if he went but I have a sneaky feeling he just wants to be outside :roll: I wouldn't mind this either but he's only had his 1st vaccination :sl*p: icon_whistling

He had calmed down until my daughters friend had to go and we had to open the door again!!!

oh yeah I forgot he was such a small one!!! It seems like you've been here forever now, lol . :)

Could he be hearing something and his territorial instincts are kicking in? If they are, it probably means the poor mite is beginning to pick up.

Could be like my Merlin - bark to go outside so you can go and pinch a stone so mummy gives you a treat to get the stone off you!

Fine during the day but gets a bit tiresome at 4 am I can tell you!!! icon_whistling

Has it been windy today Estelle? Maxx barks at the front door when it's windy or he can see one of his doggy friends walking past (we have a glass panel at the side of the door).

Estelle - our lot bark at the letter box flapping in the wind, if a loud car goes past, etc. they do have great hearing - we were allow to put ours outside in the garden for a few minutes, toilet training (I fenced a small bit of concrete off and hosed it all down) once they had their first injection - what did your vet say - we stayed with them the whole time and double checked there was no things to pick up, etc.but it may be good for him to have a run around.

Back