Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else rent an apartment?

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Tell you what I do if I think I've upset someone...I write a little note in a pretty card. Everyone likes getting a card so it defuses things. I think she probably got flustered and worried what the new tenants might think. But it was an unusual situation. Oh and make friends with the new neighbours quick!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I agree....I think she got all flustered too, and projected her own feelings on the dogs (she was worried about the prospective renter hearing my dogs). If it ever comes to eviction, I am going to put up a fight! Nobody here has complained and I know my dogs are good. But, I hope (and pray) it won't come to that, I don't think it will. The note on a pretty card is a great idea, I will remember that!

But, to update everyone.....when I stopped by the apt. manager's office today to pay my rent, she actually told me something nice! She said that she had to stop by my apt. building this afternoon and inspect that apt. across the hallway from me (something they routinely do when someone has moved out) and she told me that she didn't hear my dogs at all, they never barked! I was so proud of my boys! I told her that they were good little dogs and I was happy she told me that.

~Renee, Bentley & Bailey & Maddie

Post Thanks / Like

I dont live in an apartment, but I have had this problem where we used to live. We had 5 acres and the neighbour across the road kept coming over and complaining about my dogs barking. I am home most of the time and knew it wasnt them. I was gutted that she would be so nasty and I told her time and again it wasnt mine. I asked my other neighbours and they didnt hear them. I worked out that it was my next door neighbours dogs that she could hear and that there was no way she could hear mine, but she kept on attacking me to the point that I found most of them new homes. It broke my heart but we couldnt just up and move at that stage. We have moved since then and now have neighbours closer to us than she was. Not one person has complained about my dogs and I ask them on a regular basis. No one likes barky dogs, but it is really upsetting when you know you are doing the right thing and you get accused because of your neighbours who dont keep their dogs quiet.

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

she told me that she didn't hear my dogs at all, they never barked! I was so proud of my boys! I told her that they were good little dogs and I was happy she told me that.
    I think she regretted what she said. Nice of her to put you at your ease. I don't think you'll get any bother now.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so relieved, maybe now I can breathe a sigh of relief and relax!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh what a relief...sorry I missed this before, it must have been very worrying for you

I was in a situation with a neighbour who used to complain about my dogs {Westies at that time} barking in the night...but he was jumping over the garden fence to bang on the patio doors of the room where they slept. By the time I could get downstairs he would be at the front door fully dressed complaining...

We caught him out when friends stayed the night in the back bedroom and heard him banging on the patio doors...but it was very upsetting as he was threatening to complain to environmental health etc...
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Nicki, I was so upset, but I'm feeling a whole lot better about it now since they did tell me that they didn't hear my dogs barking the next time they came out here. My dogs really aren't all that noisy, only when there is a lot of noise in the hallway, and what dog wouldn't bark.....and they never bark at night, so I am trying to not worry about it too much now....lol!

That is so horrid that your neighbor was coming over to your place and doing that... gosh, banging on your patio doors like that, you probably could have complained about him and gotten him arrested!