Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Little Milly needs spine X-rays/MRI

Post Thanks / Like

Default Little Milly needs spine X-rays/MRI

My little Milly has been yelping a lot lately without any obvious cause. I brought her to the vet, who said she was very tender around her spine and wants to do X-rays and bloods first and then maybe an MRI. I am really upset about this, and at the back of my mind I am worried about SM. She's 6 months and only still a baby, the vet will need to sedate her for the X-rays. She's booked in for next Monday, but I am just so worried. She also had a little seizure last week (with pee), which was very distressing for her and for us. Please say a prayer for my little girl for next week, she is a bundle of love and joy and is so precious, and I can't bear to think there might be anything seriously wrong with her.
    Amanda
    Owned by doglets Elliot the Opportunist and Duchess Millie Mischief

"We never really own a dog as much as he owns us" -Gene Hill-

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Milly - I hope everything works out for her

Joanna

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no Amanda. I'm so sorry to hear this. It's especially scary when something is going on with such a young one. I'll keep my fingers crossed and say a prayer that everything turns out okay.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear so sad to hear this please keep us informed I will keep you in my thoughts Aileen
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry you are going through this worry. She looks so beautiful in her picture. Give her a kiss from me and keep us up to date.

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh I hope everything is okay. I have prayer group tonight and I promise to put you first on my list. We'll be sending lots of prayers from SC. I'm sure this is scary for you - good luck!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Amanda, we're sending positive thoughts to you and Milly. Since your vet is going to do bloodwork, this is very important:

As many as 50% of all Cavaliers have large platelets which are often miscounted as white blood cells - please read these articles and print copies for your vets:

http://cavalierhealth.org/platelets.htm
    http://ackcsc.org/health/cavalierplateletissues.pdf

One of my cavaliers has this condition, which requires no treatment. When my vet does a blood count, she manually counts the platelets.

As long as the platelets are large, it does not matter if the count is low, in fact it can be life threatening to the cavalier to be treated for this condition.

We have another member who had a close call with her vet wanting to treat her cavalier with this condition.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

oh amanda, this is really scary. i hope it turns out to be not too bad. Sorry you have to wait so long for the tests, and so sorry millie is hurting. there are so many different causes of these things. I hope you'll get clear answers soon and can help her with whatever she needs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Amanda; I'm so sorry to hear Milly is uncomfortable. I can't remember who your vet is; PM me if you want -- and be sure the vet has all the SM printouts from my SM site just as background. She could have many different things so let's hope it is something minor and easily treatable.

I'll be back in Dublin on Thursday and feel free to contact me then to talk. I'm sure she'll do fine on the x-rays and that will help you to either pinpoint or eliminate some of the things that could be going on.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just to let you know I am thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed for little milly