• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Little Milly needs spine X-rays/MRI

Sending good thoughts your way. Please keep us posted. Hope this is something that is very treatable.
J.

Hi all, We saw the vet and her bloods are all normal, she has had no more seizures since, and the vet thinks there may be a problem with her hips and that they are causing her pain. She is going in to be spayed next week and to have her lower back and hips x-rayed. We are greatly relieved about her bloods being ok. Hopefully the x-rays will show up any problems and she can then be treated.
Thank you all again for all of your positive thoughts and prayers for my little Milly :flwr: Our little doglets are just so precious to us all :flwr:

Hi Amanda,

good to hear from you.. :flwr:

Just a valid point to make here...an X ray will not show SM, you will need an MRI for this...is your vet aware of this also? If she is showing pain in the lower back/hip area and has yelped in the past I would most certainly push for an MRI ASAP.

You don't just want your vet to "think" what is causing her pain...you need to know for sure.

SM does not show in the bloods either, or any other lab tests.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Hi Alison,
Thanks for you point about SM, it is really important :flwr:
I am still concerned about the SM issue and will be taking her to UCD for an MRI. We see the same vet who treats Karlins' Leo, so she is aware of SM in cavaliers. We are hoping to get this done asap.

Hi Amanda,

Sending you hugs also. I also agree with Alison here, Alison and I went together to have Maxx and Annie-Belle (her little angel at the bridge) scanned and she saw Maxx's scan where his syrix was right down by his tail. If I'd only had a parti MRI done on him it would have shown nothing.

Luckily, my Vet suggested an MRI after Maxx's X-Rays showed up nothing. PLEASE get an MRI done just to be sure :flwr: xxxxx

Back