Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We're having a puppy! Insurance?

Post Thanks / Like

Default We're having a puppy! Insurance?

OK, so maybe my parents are having a puppy. I'm so proud of them. They really wanted to get a dog from a breeder, but rescued a "reject" puppy mill puppy instead knowing full well what types of problems he may have down the road. I'm so excited. He's just a little baby.

So what types of insurance are out there and what's the best?

Post Thanks / Like

of the US ones, for me, the Petcare one had the most value, including the cheapest option and probably the most expensive, wide range of coverage.
    There are others to look into, VPI is the biggest, i used to have it, switched to Petcare because better value, broader coverage, another is Pet Partners which is connected with the AKC. I'm sure there is one other one who's name i can't remember.

Post Thanks / Like

So lovely to read your news,

send them all my love for taking this little one in, they will be so richly rewarded, give him a huge welcome hug from me here U.K.

any pics for us?

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to your parents!

Pet Care Insurance gets my vote. I've used them for a couple of years and they have excellent customer service and great coverage.
    Denise, Wrigley (Golden-5 Yrs.) and
    Mia Bella (Cavalier-2 Yrs.)

Post Thanks / Like

Get the best pet insurace you can with as much cover as possible Aileen

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just got PetCare Insurance for Lucky. Coverage seems very good (although I cannot speak from actual experience since I just signed up last weekend!)

There are some great threads on this board on insurance and that is how I decided on PetCare.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

I just got Pet Care Insurance. From all that I have looked into recently that is the best for cavaliers. I'm going to hijack your thread a little and ask that those who have experience with cavalier costs to let us know if the DOUBLE COVERAGE is best. I currently have the one that covers 100% of cost for up to $3,000 per category. Is $3,000 per category enough? It is a substantial monthly increase to get double coverage. Mine went from almost $40 to almost $60. I got Quick Care Gold 100% - not the double coverage.
    I noticed Aileen noted to get the most coverage - should I go for the $6,000?

Post Thanks / Like

I know you are across the pond from us here in the U.K but try and get lifelong CONDITION cover, that way the condition will be covered for the life time not just untill the allocated money has been used up...can you get this sort of cover where you are?

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't found any (of course that does not mean that it doesn't exist). I just went with pet care becuase they will cover SM and MVD whereas VPI would not. Pet Care will only do $3,000 or $6,000 per category coverage. There are 12 categories for a max lifetime coverage of $36,000 and $72,000 repectively.

Does anyone know of a program in the US that is better?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone so far for the insurance tips and info.
    Mom and Dad are picking him up on Saturday! Of course I have to go see him. I will post photos after the weekend He's 3 months old and 4lbs. I have no idea if this is normal Cavalier size. Seems so small.