• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Last hope prayers

cecily

Rio was admitted to hospital today after a rapid deterioration in a new condition. They've found a mass on her lungs and inflammation of the pleura. The prognosis is very poor. They are opening up her chest now to see if there's an obstruction. If there is, and they can remove it she will have a chance. If not there's nothing they can do and she will have to be put to sleep on the operating table.

We're a little in shock at the moment, especially after what we went through last week. The vet says it's unrelated, she's just been one very unlucky puppy.

We thank you again for your support last time and please just keep her in your thoughts this one last time.

Cecily, I'm storming Heaven for you! Please God Rio will make it through.
Keep the faith and know that we are all sending you our prayers, love and very best wishes - we're rooting for you Rio...
:l*v: :hug: :lotsaluv:

I'm just heart broken hearing this news, our thoughts and prayers are with you and little Rio.... :l*v: :xfngr: :lotsaluv:

Cecily--I'm praying my heart out for little Rio!! Healing and loving thoughts are going your way. :luv:

Dear Cecily, :flwr:

You have all my prayers. I'm lost as to what to say....this is such sad news....I hope Rio pulls through, sending positive thoughts your way, just wish there was something I could do.

Please let us know what happens, take care,

Alison xxx (((hugs))) & :lotsaluv:

Wilts, U.K.

What an awful time you must be going through. I cannot even imagine.

I am thinking of you and praying for you that Rio will be okay ...

:xfngr:

:flwr:

:( I am so so sorry - I have tears in my eyes as I am writing this. After all the ups and downs of just last week. It is certainly unfair. I pray the "up" to this "down" will come soon and in the form of Rio getting another chance. Please keep us posted - my prayers are with you and Rio, bless your hearts. :flwr: :hug: :flwr:

We just got a call from the surgeon. Rio is still in surgery and still fighting. He's a little surprised and confused by what they found. Two of the lobes of her lungs are badly inflamed and are stuck to her chest wall from the infection. They're going to see if they can remove the damaged ones. If they can she might have a chance, but again the prognosis is fairly poor.

He said it could be a foreign body she inhaled, or an infection from the kennel when she was very young. They're going to try and localise the inflammation.

The surgeon said it's a very unusual case. She's had so much wrong with her but they've all been seemingly unrelated.

Thanks for the prayers. We have a little more hope now than we did two hours ago. Still hoping for the best for little Rio :flwr:

I'm so sorry you and Rio have to go through this. Such a young little girl- it's really not fair. Get better soon Rio. Keep fighting. We are thinking of you.
:flwr:

Oh Dear God

Praying that she makes it through, and you hold strong.
Please keep us posted, as we will keep positivie thoughts for all of you.

She must be a little fighter to have already endured so much in her life.

:hug: :xfngr: :l*v:

Cecily, really hoping little Rio gets through her surgery, she sounds like a real fighter. Thinking really positive thoughts for you and Rio now :flwr:
:flwr: :flwr:

Cecily - I am so very sorry you are going through so much with poor little Rio....her little life has been rough hasn't it? I'm hoping and praying she will pull through this. Hugs and more hugs.

Thinking of you and Rio, and hoping that the news will be good in the morning.
Take care.

Cecily,

Sending you, Rio and your OH all the most positive thoughts in the World.
Poor darling little Rio, she must be such a little fighter, bless her.

You (meaning all of you) just don't deserve this. You lost Aggie too young and you deserve a healthy, bouncy, lively Cavalier.

Really hoping everything is well for her. Please keep us updated as and when you have time & give the little one a big but gentle hug from me and my boys :flwr:

You and little Rio are in our thoughts and prayers. Sending best wishes and hopes that things will improve for this little warrior.

Thanks Alison, we're not too bad this morning.

The vet rang us late last night (we were in bed, he'd just finished, bless him). Unbelievably Rio got through the surgery. She's so tiny, even for a cavalier puppy that I couldn't imagine her surviving it (that and the vet was nearly hopeless beforehand).

Seemingly they managed to remove the damaged lung lobes and closed her up. She's on a drip and feeding tube and if she got through the night she could have a chance. He said she was very critical last night and didn't know if she'd be strong enough to keep going, but she's fought thus far so... :xfngr:

It so helped last night to know that there was so many people around the world wishing her well. Hopefully Aggie *ng*l told her to turn away from the bridge! I'll post after work, when I should know a lot more. :thnx:

Thanks Alison, we're not too bad this morning.

The vet rang us late last night (we were in bed, he'd just finished, bless him). Unbelievably Rio got through the surgery. She's so tiny, even for a cavalier puppy that I couldn't imagine her surviving it (that and the vet was nearly hopeless beforehand).

Seemingly they managed to remove the damaged lung lobes and closed her up. She's on a drip and feeding tube and if she got through the night she could have a chance. He said she was very critical last night and didn't know if she'd be strong enough to keep going, but she's fought thus far so... :xfngr:

It so helped last night to know that there was so many people around the world wishing her well. Hopefully Aggie *ng*l told her to turn away from the bridge! I'll post after work, when I should know a lot more. :thnx:

cecily, what an ordeal, it's so good to hear she has made it this far. you have wonderful veterinary care, from what you've said. i hope love can pull her through, it sounds like everyone is surprised she has survived to this point, not least of all the vet. We are all calling her back. and she sure is trying. waiting to hear from you. :xfngr: :hug:

Back