Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maxx at the Vets

Post Thanks / Like

Default Maxx at the Vets

Well tonight we had to have a trip to see Uncle James for a check up and some more Frusemide. It seems that Maxx's SM has worsened a bit so we've had to up his Frusemide but on the positive side, he's in otherwise A1 tip top health and Uncle James said his heart sounds wonderful

The bad news is that Charlie has got to start his injections in two weeks time and they cost £120 per vial. The good news is that he's insured for about £5000 per condition a year & we are covered - phewwwwwwwwwwwww

The other good news is that James had suggested changing his food to Butchers Tripe mix as he's got a storage mite allergy. I've been doing this over the last few days and the dreadful smell that was coming from his mouth and skin seems to have all but disappeared!

The weirdest thing is that this is a dog who is so darned fussy that he will sit and wait and watch Maxx eat his dinner and then look at his own as if to say - let him have it, it's not to my tastes but he's wolfed down the Butchers and even barked (unsuccessfully) for more! Even Maxx who would never eat tinned dog food has tried a tiny bit and kept licking his empty dish clean too - obviously something yummy (to them, not me ) in that food.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Maxx is feeling better fast--- we seem to have a bunch of cavaliers that are feeling poorly.
    I have added occasional tripe for my dogs health-- but I can't stand the SMELL.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sandy,

I hope so too. At least my baby isn't as poorly as some of the other little angels on here. I was worried because he was scratching his ears and butt scooting - not his usual SM symptoms. James gave him a really thorough check over and said his glands were empty and his ears were really clean so to try upping the Frusemide for a few days and see if it worked.

I gave him 30mg tonight instead of 20mg and I'm going to see how he is tomorrow - it usually works PDQ!

I'm just fed up of seeing my two suffering. Charlie's been on medication for his allergies since what seems like forever now

How are all of your babies?

Post Thanks / Like

Donna - Hope the upping the dosage helps Maxx. And changing the food helps Charlie. It so hard when our babies don't feel up to snuff.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxs_Mummy
    Thanks Sandy,

I hope so too. At least my baby isn't as poorly as some of the other little angels on here. I was worried because he was scratching his ears and butt scooting - not his usual SM symptoms. James gave him a really thorough check over and said his glands were empty and his ears were really clean so to try upping the Frusemide for a few days and see if it worked.

I gave him 30mg tonight instead of 20mg and I'm going to see how he is tomorrow - it usually works PDQ!

I'm just fed up of seeing my two suffering. Charlie's been on medication for his allergies since what seems like forever now

How are all of your babies?
    My guys are doing ok... We have three girls in season and all the boys are crazed. I figure 10 more days and we're in the clear.

Post Thanks / Like

Donna hope Maxx is feeling better soon, and Charlie too... for the past 3 days King has been really bumbed cuz well for the past week and half my mom has been home wit back pains so King was keeping her company and helping her relief some of her pain....So now that she's back at work he's been bumbed and not acting himself...but he'll b ok soon enough..which I think is rit now... he's running around the living room wit his Kittie all excited
    Aaron, King and the rest of family
    living in NY

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Maxxy darling, I hope your extra frusemide helps you.

Pleased Charlie seems to be getting on with his Butcher's Tripe, but poor thing having all those injections.

Hugs and kisses to them both.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Donna, I hope your boys are both feeling better soon. Thank goodness you have insurance, and that Charlie likes his new food. Please give your pups extra hugs from me and my gang.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Hope both your boys are feeling better soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Maxx and Charlie, the boys here send him loads of love! Keeps us up to date on how they are getting on.
    Mum to AJ (Blenhiem born 6th August 2010) - my world
    My beautiful, brave boy Toby (Blenhiem) now waiting for me at the Bridge, love you forever chicken!
    Auntie to:Taffy(B) &Archie(B&T) - Doggy kisses 'cos you know there the best kind!